An international internship enables a student to:
- Gain valuable work experience with many of the benefits of a traditional study abroad
- Develop transferrable career skills such as cross-cultural communication, adaptability, and the ability to operate outside of one’s comfort zone
- Utilize lessons learned in their Terry courses in a culturally immersive environment
These Terry College of Business programs will offer internships abroad in 2019:
The following external providers of international internships are affiliated with UGA:
- CRCC Asia
- Global Experiences
- IES Abroad
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
UGA is also home to an AIESEC chapter, an international student-run organization that offers students the opportunity to intern abroad in an array of business fields.
Students pursuing internships through these or other providers should review this guide for exploring internships abroad developed by NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
Admitted Terry students participating in qualifying internships may be able to receive academic credit for their internship experience. Students should check with their department for eligibility requirements, application instructions, and academic expectations.
International Business co-major students may be able to receive INTB 4800 credit. To find out more, please contact Jay Mathias, Program Coordinator for International Business.
UGA students interning abroad should expect to complete additional processes via the Office of Global Engagement to prepare for their time abroad, register their travel, and obtain travel insurance.
The Terry College encourages students to seek funding for their abroad experience. Such resources include, but are not limited to:
- UGA Experiential Learning Scholarship
- Office of Global Engagement General Scholarship
- Asia-Georgia Internship Connection Scholarship
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship (external)
Please note that scholarships may be need or merit-based, location-specific, or contingent on the receipt of academic credit.
International Internship Advising:
Students can make an appointment with Lacey Runge, Program Specialist for International Business Programs, for a one-on-one advising session to review available programs, develop search strategies, and find the internship that’s right for them. Email Lacey Runge to schedule a time.