The Enterpreneurship Program hosts UGA's Next Top Entrepreneur Pitch Completing during Athens StartUp Week each spring.
UGA's Next Top Entrepreneur is open to student startup teams from all over the country.
During this live event, teams pitch their existing business plans or business idea
in front of a live audience and a panel of judges. At the end of the competition,
one winning team is awarded $10,000!
Teams traveling out of state for the competition are also eligible for travel reimbursement
(limited to 4 students).
5:00 – Reception area is open for everyone to enjoy heavy hors d’ouevres and drinks
5:30 – Teams begin their pitches
7:00 – Teams finish and judges start to deliberate
7:45 – Winner is announced
Who Is Eligible
Students from any college or university with a solid business idea, concept, product
and/or existing business who are looking to take it to the next level. Teams will
be evaluated on their business model, the validity of their idea, and their ability
to execute. Our judges are looking for the business with greatest potential for success.
Startup Team Requirements
- At least two team members must be an active undergraduate/graduate level student (no
- The startup must have less than $1 million in annual sales.
- There is no limit on the type of business.
- Only 4 members of the team may participate in the competition (no exceptions)
How to Apply
In your application, please include:
- Business Abstract: include in your abstract who is the target market and who is the
- 2-minute pitch video
- Statement of revenue for the last 12 months
- Additional photos, videos, and/or website links to help your business stand out.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
Judging Process and Prize
- The applicant pool will be judged by an internal committee.
- The top teams will advance to the next round in Athens, Georgia. The pitch competition
will take place in front of a live audience and a panel of 4–5 judges who have experience
in the startup and business world. These judges will pick the winning team.
- The winning team receives $10,000.
- Teams that must travel to Athens for the competition will receive a stipend for travel
and hotel accommodations for up to four people.
Thursday, April 16
5:00pm - 8:30pm
Application Deadline: March 20
Finalists Announced: March 27
Live Final Competition: April 18
Request More Information