Student teams from all over the country are invited to apply to UGA's Collegiate Great Brands Competition hosted by the Entrepreneurship Program. The team with the winning consumer/retail brand idea or business receives a $25,000 award and an all expenses paid trip to New York City to attend the Next Great Consumer Brands Conference.
The conference brings together upcoming and leading consumer and retail companies to present their new and innovative products to leading investors, private equity firms and investment banks. The winning team will have the incredible opportunity to attend the event and showcase their own creation during the exhibition! Executives from Consensus Advisors and some of the country's leading private equity firms will also be in attendance to provide students with invaluable insight and expertise.
About the Competition
During the first round, which occurs behind closed doors, each team will pitch their consumer/retail brand idea or business to a panel of judges. Three final teams advance to the second round where they will present once again, this time in front of a live audience. The judges will then award the winner $25,000!
- Consensus Advisors
- Creation Gardens
Who is Eligible
The competition is open to all students (undergraduate, graduate or doctoral), from any college or university, with a creative and innovative consumer/retail brand idea or business.
- Undergraduate students only. No PMBA or EMBA students unless there is one current full-time undergraduate student on the team.
- If a member of the team has graduated, they must have graduated within the past 3 semesters.
- Businesses must have less than $2 million in annual sales.
- Business must be consumer focused (Business to Consumer).
- Teams are eligible for a maximum travel stipend of $1500, including hotel accommodations.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: February 15th
Finalists Announced: March 8th
Competition Date: March 28th at "Studio 225"
Please include the following in your application:
- Business abstract (250 words or less).
- Statement of revenue for the last 12 months
- Contact information for a university advisor/faculty member/professor.
- A 2-minute "quick pitch" video featuring:
- An introduction to the team
- An introduction to the product/design
- Additional photos, videos, and/or website links that help your business stand out.