Student teams from all over the country are invited to apply to UGA's Collegiate Next Great Consumer Brands Competition hosted by the Entrepreneurship Program. The team with the winning consumer/retail brand idea or business receives a $25,000 award and an all expenses paid trip to New York City to attend the Next Great Consumer Brands Conference.
The conference brings together upcoming and leading consumer and retail companies to present their new and innovative products to leading investors, private equity firms and investment banks. The winning team will have the incredible opportunity to attend the event and showcase their own creation during the exhibition! Executives from Consensus Advisors and some of the country's leading private equity firms will also be in attendance to provide students with invaluable insight and expertise.
About the Competition
During the first round, which occurs behind closed doors, each team will pitch their consumer/retail brand idea or business to a panel of judges. Three final teams advance to the second round where they will present once again, this time in front of a live audience. The judges will then award the winner $25,000!
- Consensus Advisors
- Monroe Capital LLC
- TPG Growth
- Wells Fargo
Who is Eligible
The competition is open to all students (undergraduate, graduate or doctoral), from any college or university, with a creative and innovative consumer/retail brand idea or business.
- At least one team member must be an active undergraduate, graduate or doctoral student.
- If a member of the startup has graduated they must have graduated within the past 3 semesters.
- There is no limit on the type of business.
- Startups must have less than $2 million in annual sales.
- Only 4 members of the team may participate in the competition.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
Finalists Announced: March 8, 2018
Live Final Competition: March 22, 2018
Please include the following in your application:
- Business abstract (250 words or less).
- Statement of revenue for the last 12 months
- Contact information for a university advisor/faculty member/professor.
- A 2-minute "quick pitch" video featuring:
- An introduction to the team
- An introduction to the product/design
- Additional photos, videos, and/or website links that help your business stand out.