Daniel P. Amos Distinguished Professor in Insurance
A424 Moore-Rooker Hall610 South Lumpkin StreetAthens, GA, 30602
- Phone Numbers
- Email Address
PhD, Risk Management and Insurance, University of Georgia, 1993
MA, Finance, Ins, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1989
BSBA, Finance, Ins, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1986
Prior Professional Positions
Florida State University, Midyette Eminent Scholar, 2001 to 2011
Illinois State University, Katie Research Professor, 1993 to 2001
American Risk and Insurance Association, President, 2004 – 2005, Professional
Western Risk and Insurance Association, President, 2000 – 2001, Professional
- Ratings: It's Accrual World. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 85:787-809.
- A Burning Question: Does Arson Increase When House Prices Decline? Journal of Risk and Insurance, 84:7-34.
- Dead or Alive: The Law, Policy, and Market Effects of Legislation on Unclaimed Life Insurance Policy Benefits. Notre Dame Journal Of Law, Ethics & Public Policy, 31:1-28.
- 2015. Dynamic Portfolio Choice with Stochastic Wage and Life Insurance. North American Actuarial Journal, 19(4):256-272.
- 2015. The Impact of Insurer Name Changes on the Demand for Insurance. Journal of Risk and Insurance.
- 2013. Deciding Whether to Invest in Mitigation Measures: Evidence from Florida. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 80:309-327.
- 2013. Optimal Decision on Dynamic Insurance Price and Investment Portfolio of an Insurer. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 52:359-369.
- 2013. Internal Capital Markets and the Partial Adjustment of Leverage. Journal of Banking & Finance, 37:35-57.
- 2012. A Dynamic Analysis of the Demand for Life Insurance. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 79:619-644.
- 2010. The Demand for Life Insurance Policy Loans. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 77:651-666.
- 2008. Market Risk, Interest Rate Sensitivity, and Interdependency in Insurer Stock Returns: A System-GARCH Model. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 75:873-891.
- 2007. Interest Rate Risk and Equity Values of Life Insurance Companies: a GARCH-M Model. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 74:401-423.