Terence Saldanha is an Associate Professor of Management Information Systems at the University of Georgia at the Terry College of Business. His research interests include the role of Information Systems in business value and innovation. His research has been published in academic journals such as MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Journal of Operations Management, and Production and Operations Management.
He earned a Ph.D. in Management Information Systems (Business Information Technology) from the Stephen Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. Prior degrees include an M.B.A. from S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (India), and a Bachelor of Engineering in electronics engineering from University of Mumbai (India). Prior to his graduate studies, he worked in the IT industry in the area of software development.
- Ph.D., Business Information Technology, Stephen Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2007-2012.
- MBA, Information Management, S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai, India, 2005-2007.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics Engineering, University of Mumbai, India, 1996-2000.
Prior Professional Positions
- Associate Professor of Information Systems, Terry College of Business, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, August 2021 – present.
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems, Terry College of Business, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, August 2019 – July 2021.
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems, Carson College of Business, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, August 2014 – May 2019.
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems (tenure-track), School of Business, Emporia State University, Emporia, KS, August 2012 – August 2014.
- Software Developer, Infosys Technologies Limited, Bangalore, India, 2003-2004.
- Systems Engineer, Tata Infotech Limited, Mumbai, India, 2000-2003.
- Role of Information Technology in Innovation
- Business Value of Information Technology for organizations
- Strategic Impacts of Information Technology
- Saldanha, T.; Kathuria, A.; Khuntia, J.; and Konsynski, B. 2021 (in press). “Ghosts in the Machine: How Marketing and Human Capital Investments Enhance Customer Growth when Innovative Services Leverage Self-Service Technologies”, Information Systems Research.(Download).
- Saldanha, T.; Mariadoss, B.; Wu, M.; and Mithas, S. 2021. “How Information and Communication Technology Shapes the Influence of Culture on Innovation: A Country-level Analysis”, Journal of Management Information Systems (38:1), pp. 108-139 (Download).
- Khuntia, J.; Kathuria, A.; Andrade, M.; Saldanha, T.; and Celly, N. 2021. “How Foreign and Domestic Firms Differ in Leveraging IT-enabled Supply Chain Information Integration in BOP Markets: The Role of Supplier and Client Business Collaboration”, Journal of the Association for Information Systems (22:3), pp. 695-738 (Download).
- Saldanha, T.; Lee, D.; and Mithas, S. 2020. “Aligning Information Technology and Business: The Differential Effects of Alignment During Investment Planning, Delivery, and Change”, Information Systems Research (31:4), pp. 1260-1281 (Download).
- Ramakrishnan, T.; Khuntia, J.; Kathuria, A.; and Saldanha, T. 2020. "An Integrated Model of Business Intelligence & Analytics Capabilities and Organizational Performance”, Communications of the Association for Information Systems (46), pp. 722-750. (Download).
- Saldanha, T.; Sahaym, A.; Mithas, S.; Andrade, M.; Kathuria, A.; and Lee, H. 2020. "Turning Liabilities of Global Operations into Assets: IT-enabled Social Integration Capacity and Exploratory Innovation”, Information Systems Research (31:2), pp. 361-382. (Download).
- Khuntia, J.; Kathuria, A.; Saldanha, T.; and Konsynski, B. 2019. “Benefits of IT-enabled Flexibilities for Foreign versus Domestic Firms in Emerging Economies,” Journal of Management Information Systems (36:3), pp. 855-892. (Download).
- Kathuria, A.; Mann, A.; Khuntia, J.; Saldanha, T.; and Kauffman, R. 2018. “A Strategic Value Appropriation Path for Cloud Computing”, Journal of Management Information Systems (35:3), pp. 740-775. (Download).
- Khuntia, J.; Saldanha, T.; Mithas, S.; and Sambamurthy, V. 2018. “Information Technology and Sustainability: Evidence from an Emerging Economy”, Production and Operations Management (26:4), pp. 756-773. (Download).
- Melville, N.; Saldanha, T.; and Rush, D. "Systems Enabling Low-Carbon Operations: The Salience of Accuracy", Journal of Cleaner Production (166), pp. 1064-1077. (Download).
- Saldanha, T.; Mithas, S.; and Krishnan, M.S. 2017. "Leveraging Customer Involvement for Fueling Innovation: The Role of Relational and Analytical Information Processing Capabilities", MIS Quarterly (41:1), pp. 267-286. (Download).
- Saldanha, T.; Melville, N.; Ramirez, R.; and Richardson, V. 2013. “Information Systems for Collaborating versus Transacting: Impact on Manufacturing Plant Performance in the Presence of Demand Volatility”, Journal of Operations Management (31:6), pp. 313-329. (Download).
- Lim, S.; Saldanha, T.; Malladi, S.; and Melville, N. 2013. "Theories used in Information Systems Research: Insights from Complex Network Analysis", Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application (14:2), pp. 5-46. (Download).
- Saldanha, T.; and Krishnan, M.S. 2012. “Organizational Adoption of Web 2.0 Technologies: An Empirical Analysis”, Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce (22:4), pp. 301-333. (Download).
- Guest Associate Editor, European Journal of Information Systems – Special Issue on “Dark Side of Analytics and Artificial Intelligence”, May 2020 - December 2020.
- Associate Editor, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications (ECRA), May 2018 – December 2020.
- Associate Editor (AE) of International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS).
- AE of “Governance, Strategy and Value” track in ICIS 2021.
- AE of “Digital Innovation, Entrepreneurship and New Business Models” track in ICIS 2020.
- AE of “Governance, Strategy and Value of IS” track in ICIS 2019.
- AE of “General Topics” track in ICIS 2018.