Department Head & Associate Professor
I am an Associate Professor and Department Head of the Department of MIS at the University of Georgia's Terry College of Business. I received a Ph.D. degree in Computer Information Systems from Georgia State University, a DiplÃ´me d'Enseignement SupÃ©rieur SpÃ©cialisÃ© from l'Ã‰cole SupÃ©rieure des Affaires de Grenoble (France), and an M.B.A. from l'UniversitÃ© Laval in QuÃ©bec (Canada).
My earlier research focused on the organizational change induced by information technologies and information systems, such as integrated software packages and open source software. More recently, I have been interested in investigating the relationship between information systems on organizational culture and identity, and I've also researched how information systems can play a role in support of environmental sustainability (Green IS / Energy Informatics).
I have authored articles published in many journals, such as Organization Science, Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Journal of Management Information Systems, The Academy of Management Executive, Information Technology & People, Journal of the AIS, and many conference proceedings.
My teaching interests include the design and management of databases, R, business process management, and qualitative research.
PhD, Business / Computer Information Systems, Georgia State University, 2001
MBA, Management Information Systems, Laval University (Quebec, Canada), 1995
DESS, Management Information Systems, Ecole Superieure des Affaires (Grenoble, France), 1994
BBA, Management Information Systems, Laval University (Quebec, Canada), 1993
Areas of Expertise
- Energy Informatics
- Organizational Change
- Business Process Management
- Data Management
- Cardoso, A., Boudreau, M.-C., and Carvalho, J., “Organizing Collective Action: Does Information and Communication Technology Matter”,” Information and Organization, Forthcoming.
- Watson, R. T., Dawson, G. S., Boudreau, M.-C., Li, Y., Zhang, H., Huang, W. W., and Al-Jabri, I. “Constraining Opportunism in Information Systems Consulting: A Three Nation Examination,” Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 20(7), pp. 986-1022, 2019.
- Watson, R. T., Boudreau, M.-C., and van Iersel, M. W. “Simulation of Greenhouse Energy Use: An Application of Energy Informatics,” Energy Informatics, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 1-14, 2018.
- Seidel, S., Bharati, P., Fridgen, G., Watson, R. T., Albizri, A., Boudreau, M.-C., Butler, T.; Kruse, L. C., Guzman, I., Karsten, H., Lee, H., Melville, N., Rush, D., Toland, J., and Watts, S. "The Sustainability Imperative in Information Systems Research," Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 40, Article 3, 2017.
- IT-driven identity work: Creating a group identity in a digital environment .Information And Organization, 24(1), 2014.