PhD, Marketing, Texas A&M University, 1994
Prior Professional Positions
Indian School of Business, Visiting Professor, 2016 to 2017
Emory University - Goizueta Business School, Professor of Marketing, 1993 to 2011
Wharton, U. of Pennsylvania, Visiting Professor, 2009 to 2010
Singapore Management University, Visiting Associate Professor, 2005 to 2006
Sheth Long Term Impact Journal of Marketing Award, American Marketing Association, 2017
Best Brand Track Paper, American Marketing Association, 2016
Best Paper Award, Research in Marketing, 2011
Distinguished Doctoral Alumni Award, Texas A&M University, 2010
Best Paper Runner Up, Information Systems Research, 2008
University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, Phd. Program Coordinator—Marketing, 2011 – 2015, University
University of Georgia, None, 2017 – 2015, University
University of Georgia, University Council, 2015 – 2016, University
- Marketing Strategy, Performance and Metrics
- Customer Management
- Marketing-Finance Interface
- Branding and Brand Management & Strategy
- 2017. Competing on Social Purpose. Harvard Business Review, (September-October):94-101.
- WHEN AND WHY DO CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS PAY OFF IN BUSINESS MARKETS?. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science, 45(4):490-512.
- Satisfaction (Mis)pricing Revisited: Real? Really Big?. American Marketing Association,80(September):116-121.
- 2015. Developing new marketing strategy theory: addressing the limitations of a singular focus on firm financial performance. Ams Review.
- 2015.Exploration- and Exploitation-Oriented Marketing Strategies and Sales Growth in Emerging Markets. Springer Press.
- 2015. Business-to-Business Buying: Challenges and Opportunities. Springer Press.
- Marketing Mix and Brand Sales in Global Markets: Examining the Contingent Role of Country-Market Characteristics . Journal Of International Business Studies, forthcoming 2015.
- 2014. Walking a Tightrope: The Joint Impact of Customer and Within-Firm Boundary Spanning Activities on Customer Satisfaction and Team Performance. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science :1-18.
- 2014. Pre-Release Buzz Evolution Patterns and New Product Performance. Marketing Science, 33 (3):401-21.
- 2013. Asymmetric Roles of Advertising and Marketing Capability in Financial Returns to News: Turning Bad to Good and Good to Great . Journal Of Marketing Research, 50 (December):706-724.
- 2011. Brand Quality and Shareholder Wealth. Journal Of Marketing.
- 2011. Social Capital of Young Technology Firms and Their IPO Values: The Complementary Role of Relevant Absorptive Capacity. Journal Of Marketing.
- 2010. Ties That Bind: The Impact of Multiple Types of Ties with a Customer on Sales Growth and Sales Volatility. Journal Of Marketing Research.
- Engaging for Good: Drivers of Social Media Engagement with Prosocial Messages. Working Paper.