PhD, Marketing, University of Houston, 2009
Outstanding Research Award, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, 2015
Georgia Power Foundation Inc. Developing Scholar, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, 2014
Sarah H. Moss Fellowship, University of Georgia, 2013
Young Scholar, Marketing Science Institute (MSI), 2013
Georgia Power Foundation Inc. Developing Scholar, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, 2013
Coauthor of one of the 10 most cited articles in the Journal of Retailing from 2007-2011, Journal of Retailing, 2012
Georgia Power Foundation Inc. Developing Scholar, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, 2012
Sarah H. Moss Fellowship, University of Georgia, 2011
UGA Study Abroad & Foreign Exchange Committee, Member, 2010 – present, University
UGA, Master in Marketing Research Program, Faculty Advisor, 2009 – present, University
Journal of International Business Studies, Ad hoc Reviewer, 2011 – present, Professional
Journal of Marketing, ERB member, 2015 - present, Professional
Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, AE, 2017-present, Professional
Journal of Marketing Research, Ad hoc Reviewer, 2009 – present, Professional
International Journal of Research in Marketing, ERB member, 2015-present, Professional
Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, ERB member, 2011-present, Professional
Journal of Service Research, Ad hoc Reviewer, 2015 – present, Professional
Areas of Expertise
- Sales management
- Organizational and individual ambidexterity
- Organizational Identification
- Hierarchical linear modeling
- Sales management
- Internal marketing
- Internal selling
- Relationship marketing from a social identity theory perspective
Lawrence, Justin M., Lisa K. Scheer, Andrew Crecelius, Son K. Lam, “Salesperson Dual Agency in Price Negotiations,” forthcoming, Journal of Marketing.
- Salesperson ambidexterity in customer engagement: Do customer base characteristics matter?, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 47(4), 659–680.
- Spillover Effects of Channel Members' Customer-Centric Structures on Supplier Performance, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 47(1), 56-75.
Sleep, Stefan, Andrea Dixon, Thomas DeCarlo, and Son K. Lam, “The Business-to-Business Inside Sales Force: Roles, Configurations, and Research Agenda,” European Journal of Marketing, 54(5), 1025–1060.
- The Impact of Mergers and Acquisitions on the Sales Force, Journal Of Marketing Research, 55(2), 254–264.
- Lam, Son K., Stefan Sleep, Thorsten Hennig-Thurau, Shrihari Sridhar, and Alok Saboo. Leveraging Frontline Employeesâ€™ Small Data and Firm-Level Big Data in Frontline Management: An Absorptive Capacity Perspective. Journal Of Service Research, 20(1):12-28.
- Extrinsic versus Intrinsic Approaches to Managing a Multibrand Sales Force: When and How Do They Work?. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science , 44(6):707-725.
- Identifying Effective Hunters and Farmers in the Salesforce: A Dispositional-Situational Framework. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science ,44(4):415-439.
- Know Your Customer: How Salesperson Perceptions of Customer Relationship Quality Form and Impact Account Profitability. Journal Of Marketing, 78(6):38-58.
- Walking a Tightrope: The Joint Impact of Customer and Within-Firm Boundary Spanning Activities on Perceived Customer Satisfaction and Team Performance. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science.
- Intrafunctional Competitive Intelligence and Sales Performance: A Social Network Perspective. Journal Of Marketing ,77(September):37-56.
- Identity-Motivated Marketing Relationships: Research Synthesis, Controversies, and Research Agenda . Ams Review, 2(2-4):72-87.
- Performance Impact of Middle Managers' Adaptive Strategy Implementation: The Role of Social Capital. Strategic Management Journal, 35(1):68-87.
- Toward A Contingency Framework of Interpersonal Influence in Organizational Identification Diffusion. Organizational Behavior And Human Decision Processes, 118(2):162-178.
- Resistance to Brand Switching When a Radically New Brand Is Introduced: A Social Identity Theory Perspective. Journal Of Marketing, 74(November):128-146.
- The Diffusion of Market Orientation Throughout the Organization: A Social Learning Theory Perspective. Journal Of Marketing, 74(September):61-79.
- A Multinational Examination of the Symbolic-Instrumental Framework of Consumer-Brand Identification. Journal Of International Business Studies, 43(4):306-331.
- Exploring the Dynamics of Antecedents to Consumer-Brand Identification with a New Brand. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science.
- The Role of Consensus in Sales Team Performance. Journal Of Marketing Research, 47(June):458-469.
- Why Are Some Salespeople Better at Adapting to Organizational Change. Journal Of Marketing, 74(May):65-79.
- The Role of Leaders in Internal Marketing. Journal Of Marketing, 73(April):123-145.
- A Meta-Analysis of Relationships Linking Employee Satisfaction to Customer Responses. Journal Of Retailing, 84(3):243-255.
- Social Network Theory and the Sales Manager Role: Engineering the Right Relationship Flows. Journal Of Personal Selling And Sales Management, 32(1):29-40.
- 2015. Market Sensing and Competitive Intelligence Systems. Business Expert Press:43-60.
- 2012. Sales Force Performance: A Typology and Future Research Priorities. In Gary L. Lilien And Rajdeep Grewal (Eds.), Elgar/Isbm Business:496-520.
Editorial Review Board, Journal of Marketing, 2015 - present
Area Editor, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 2017 - present
Editorial Review Board, Journal of Retailing, 2015 - present
Editorial Review Board, International Journal of Research in Marketing, 2015 - present
Editorial Review Board, Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 2011 - present
Editorial Review Board, Journal of Business to Business Marketing, 2015 - present