Ph.D., Marketing, Yale University, 2017
M.A., M.Phil., Marketing, Yale University, 2015
B.A., Art, Yale University, 2010
Areas of Expertise
- Value Construction
- Beauty Standards
- Smith, Rosanna K., Elham Yazdani, Pengyuan Wang, Saber Soleymani, and Lan Anh N. Ton
(in press). The Cost of Looking Natural: Why the No-Makeup Movement May Fail to Discourage Cosmetic
Use. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.
- Smith, Rosanna K., Michelle R. vanDellen, and Lan Anh Ton. 2021. Makeup Who You Are: Self-Expression Enhances the Perceived Authenticity and Public Promotion of Beauty Work. Journal of Consumer Research, Vol 48 (1), 102–122.
- 2018. Made by Mistake: When Mistakes Increase Product Preference. Journal of Consumer Research. 44(5), 1085-1103.
- 2016. The Need to Belong Motivates the Valuation of Authentic Objects. Cognition, (156), 129-134.
- 2016. Closer to the Creator: Temporal Contagion Explains the Preference for Earlier Serial Numbers. Journal Of Consumer Research, 42(5), 653-668.
- 2016. Kinds of Authenticity. Philosophy Compass, 11(10), 609-618.
- 2014. When Multiple Creators are Worse than One: Single Author Biases in the Evaluation of Art. Psychology Of Aesthetics, Creativity And The Arts, 8(3), 303-310.
- 2014.Are Artworks more like People than Artifacts? Psychological Connectedness and the Extended self. Topics In Cognitive Science, 6(4), 647-662.