PhD, Marketing, University of Florida, 2003
MS, Marketing, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, 1998
BSBA, Marketing, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, 1995
Prior Professional Positions
University of Georgia, Associate Professor & Graduate Coordinator, 2011 to 2017
University of Washington, Associate Professor, 2009 to 2011
University of Washington, Assistant Professor, 2003 to 2009
Terry Outstanding Faculty Award: Teaching Excellence Award (2019)
Recognized for greatly contributing to the development of UGA students (2015-2019)
Hugh O. Nourse outstanding MBA teacher award, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, 2016
Recognized for outstanding teaching by the Office of Academic Affairs and Provost, University of Georgia, Office of the Provost, 2013
Recognized for outstanding teaching by the Office of Academic Affairs and Provost, University of Georgia, Office of the Provost, 2012
- Learning, Memory, Information Processing, Perception, Pricing, Branding
- Strategic Information Transmission in Peer-to-Peer Lending Markets. Journal Of Marketing.
- 2015. Riding Coattails: When Co-Branding Helps Versus Hurts Less-Known Brands?. Journal Of Consumer Research, 41(February):1284-1300.
- 2015.Consumer Uncertainty and Purchase Decision Reversals: Theory and Evidence. Marketing Science, 34(4):590-605.
- 2015.Harmful Upward Line Extensions: Can the Launch of Premium Products Result in Competitive Disadvantages?. Journal Of Marketing, 79(6).
- 2011. Assimilation and Contrast in Price Evaluations. Journal Of Consumer Research,37(February):822-835.
- 2010. On the Observability of Purely Behavioral Sunk-Cost Effects: Theoretical and Empirical Support for the BISC model. Cognitive Science, 34(8):1384-1387.
- 2010. When Do Chief Marketing Officers Impact Firm Value? A Customer Power Explanation. Journal Of Marketing Research, 47(December):1162-1176.
- 2009. Asymmetries in the Sequential Learning of Brand Associations: Implications for Brand Preference and the Early Entrant Advantage. Journal Of Consumer Research, 35(February):788-799.
- 2009. Sunk-Cost Effects on Purely Behavioral Investments. Cognitive Science, 33(1):105-113.
- 2008.Protection of Prior Learning in Complex Consumer Learning Environments. Journal Of Consumer Research, 34(April):850-864.
- 2008.Context-Dependent Effects of Priming. Journal Of Consumer Research, 35(December):653-667.
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Consumer Research, 2011 - present
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Consumer Psychology, 2010 - present
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Business Research, 2016 - present