PhD, Marketing, Pennsylvania State University, 2010
Prior Professional Positions
ICICI Bank, India, Marketing and Sales, Assistant Manager, 2001 to 2003
Lehmann Award for Best Dissertation based Article in either Journal of Marketing Research or Journal of Marketing. Awarded by the American Marketing Association in 2017.
- Information Systems and Innovation
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing-Finance Interface
- Product Innovation
Chakravarty, Anindita, Chen Zhou and Ashish Sharma (2020), “Partner’s Network Ties Relative to Mine: Implications for Alliance Performance and Risk,” Journal of Marketing, Accepted.
Saboo, Alok, Amlesh Sharma, Anindita Chakravarty and V. Kumar (2017), “Influencing Acquisition Performance in High Technology Industries: Role of Innovation and Relational Overlap” Journal of Marketing Research, 54 (2), 219-38.
Analyst Earning Forecasts and Advertising and R&D Budgets: Role of Agency Theoretic Monitoring and Bonding Costs. Journal Of Marketing Research, 2017. Organizational Debut on the Public Stage: Marketing Myopia and Initial Public Offering. Marketing Science, 2016.
- 2014. Customer Orientation Structure for Internet-Based Business-to-Business Platform Firms. Journal Of Marketing, 78(5):1-23.
- 2013.Information Technology Competencies, Organizational Agility, and Firm Performance: Enabling and Facilitating Roles. Information Systems Research, 24(4):976-996.
- 2011. The Stock Market in the Driver's Seat! Implications for R&D and Marketing. Management Science, 57(9):1594-1609.
- 2010 . Governance Mechanisms and the Making of Business-to-Business Electronic Markets. Journal Of Marketing, (74, 4):45-62 Finalist for Harold H. Maynard Award 2010.
- 2010. Persuasive Impact of Online User Comments versus Expert Reviews: The Role of Category Consumption Frequency. Journal Of Interactive Marketing, (24):185-97 Finalist for Best Paper Award in JIM 2011.
- 2009.Counting Chicken Before the Eggs Hatch: Associating New Product Development Portfolios with Shareholder Expectations in the Pharmaceutical Sector. International Journal Of Research In Marketing, (25,4):261-72.