PhD, Marketing, Pennsylvania State University, 2010
Prior Professional Positions
ICICI Bank, India, Marketing and Sales, Assistant Manager, 2001 to 2003
Varadarajan Award for Early Career Contribution to the field of Marketing Strategy.
Awarded by the Strategy SIG of American Marketing Association in 2020.
MSI Scholar 2020
Lehmann Award for Best Dissertation based Article in either Journal of Marketing Research or Journal of Marketing. Awarded by the American Marketing Association in 2017.
- Digital Marketing
- Performance Implications of Marketing
- Product Innovation
- Marketing Alliances
- Wang, Pengyuan, Anindita Chakravarty and Jian Yang, "Can Emotions be used as Keywords for Text-based Search Engine Advertising?", Journal of Interactive Advertising, Accepted.
- Chakravarty, Anindita, Chen Zhou and Ashish Sharma (2020), “Partner’s Network Ties Relative to Mine: Implications for Alliance Performance and Risk,” Journal of Marketing, 84 (6), 74-94.
- Saboo, Alok, Amlesh Sharma, Anindita Chakravarty and V. Kumar (2017), “Influencing Acquisition Performance in High Technology Industries: Role of Innovation and Relational Overlap” Journal of Marketing Research, 54 (2), 219-38.
- Analyst Earning Forecasts and Advertising and R&D Budgets: Role of Agency Theoretic Monitoring and Bonding Costs," Journal of Marketing Research, 53 (4), 580-96.
- Organizational Debut on the Public Stage: Marketing Myopia and Initial Public Offering", Marketing Science, 35 (4), 656-75.
- 2014), "Customer Orientation Structure for Internet-Based Business-to-Business Platform Firms. Journal of Marketing, 78(5):1-23.
Member of Editorial Review Boards of Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Interactive Marketing.