PhD, Strategic Management, Pennsylvania State University, 2011
MBA, Management, Pennsylvania State University, 2004
BS, Exercise Science, Pennsylvania State University, 1996
Prior Professional Positions
Lehigh University, Assistant Professor of Management, 2011 -2013
Pennsylvania State University, Admissions Director, Executive MBA Program, 2004 - 2006
Strategic Management Journal Best Reviewer Award, 2018
Excellence in Teaching - MBA Core Course, Lehigh University, 2013
Delta Sigma Pi, Faculty Advisor, 2014 – present, University
- CEO Succession
- Managerial Discretion or in the influence of CEOs and top managers on organizational outcomes
- Quigley, T. J., Wowak, A., & Crossland, C. (In Press). Board Predictive Accuracy in Executive Selection Decisions: How Do Initial Board Perceptions of CEO Quality Correspond with Subsequent CEO Career Effectiveness? Organization Science.
- Quigley, T. J, Hubbard, T., Ward, A., & Grffin, S. D. (In Press). Unintended Consequences: Information Releases and CEO Stock Option Grants. Academy of Management Journal.
- Quigley, T. J., Hambrick, D. C., Misangyi, F. F., Rizzi, A. (2019). CEO Selection as Risk-taking: A New Vantage on the Debate About the Consequences of Insiders Versus Outsiders. Strategic Management Journal 40(9): 1453-1470.
- 2015. Shareholder perceptions of the changing impact of CEOs: Market reactions to unexpected CEO deaths, 1950-2009. Strategic Management Journal 38(4): 939-949.
- 2015. Reaffirming the CEO effect is significant and much larger than chance: A comment on Fitza (2014).Strategic Management Journal 38(3): 793-801.
- 2015. Has the CEO Effect Increased in Recent Decades? A New Explanation for the Great Rise in Americaâ€™s Attention to Corporate Leaders. Strategic Management Journal, 36(6):821-830.
- 2014. Toward More Accurate Contextualization of the CEO Effect on Firm Performance: A New Method and Implications. Strategic Management Journal, 35(4):473-491.
- 2012. When the Former CEO Stays on as Board Chair: Effects on Successor Discretion, Strategic Change, and Performance. Strategic Management Journal, 33(7):834-859.
Associate Editor, Strategic Management Journal, 2020 - current
Editorial Board Member, Strategic Management Journal, 2014 - 2019