C205 Benson Hall630 S. Lumpkin St.Athens, GA, 30602
- Email Address
PhD, Strategy and Entrepreneurship, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2013
MBA, Entrepreneurship, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, 1997
BA, Mathematics, University of Michigan
Kauffman Junior Faculty Fellowship, The Kauffman Foundation, 2018
Robins School MBA Professor of the Year, The University of Richmond’s Robin’s School, 2016
Kauffman Foundation Grant, The Kauffman Foundation, 2014
Best Paper Award, Academy of Management, Technology & Innovation Management, 2014
Batten Fellow, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, 2012
Tanner Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012
- Venture finance and acceleration
- Industry evolution
- Corporate strategy
- Cohen S, Fehder DC, Hochberg YV, Murray F. 2019. The Design of Startup Accelerators. Research Policy.
- Hallen BL, Cohen SL, Bingham C. 2019. Do Accelerators Work? If So, How? Organization Science.
- Cohen SL, Bingham BB, Hallen BL. 2019. Mitigating the Bounded Rationality of New Ventures: The Role of Accelerator Designs. Administrative Science Quarterly. An earlier version published in the Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings.
- Cohen SL, Tripsas M. 2018. Managing Technological Transitions by Building Bridges. Academy of Management Journal.
- Cohen SL 2016. What do Accelerators do? Insights from Incubators and Angels. Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, 8(3-4):19-25.