- Can you handle the pressure? The effect of performance pressure on stress appraisals,
self-regulation, and behavior. Academy of Management Journal, 62: 531-552.
- 2018. Cheating under pressure: A self-protective model of workplace cheating behavior. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103(1): 54-73.
- 2017. Leader social accounts of subordinates’ unethical behavior: Examining observer reactions to leader social accounts with moral disengagement language. Journal of Applied Psychology, 102(10): 1448-1461.
- 2017. The motivational effects of diminished self-esteem for employees who experience abusive supervision. Journal of Management , 43(7): 2218-2251.
- 2015. On the exchange of hostility with supervisors: An examination of self-enhancing and self-defeating perspectives. Personnel Psychology, 68(4): 723-758.
- 2015. Third-parties’ reactions to the abusive supervision of coworkers. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(4):1040-1055.
- 2015. A cross-cultural examination of subordinates’ perceptions of and reactions to abusive supervision. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 36(5): 720-745.
- 2015. Unethical behavior for the sake of the group: Risk of social exclusion and unethical behavior in groups. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(1): 98-113.
- 2015. The moral self: A review and integration of the literature. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 36(S1): S104-S168. * indicates authors contributed equally.
- 2012. Employees’ reactions to supervisor aggression: An examination of individual and situational factors. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97(6): 1148-1170.
- 2010. Self-gain or self-regulation impairment? Tests of competing explanations of the supervisor abuse and employee deviance relationship through perceptions of distributive justice. Journal of Applied Psychology, 95(6): 1009-1031.
- 2010. Ethical and unethical leadership: Exploring new avenues for future research. Business Ethics Quarterly, 20(4): 583-616.
- 2010. Unethical behavior in the name of the company: The moderating effect of organizational identification and positive reciprocity beliefs influencing unethical pro-organizational behavior. Journal of Applied Psychology, 95(4): 769-780.
- 2009. How management style moderates the relationship between abusive supervision and workplace deviance: An uncertainty management perspective. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 108(1): 79-92.
- 2007. Abusive supervision and workplace deviance and the moderating effects of negative reciprocity beliefs. Journal of Applied Psychology, 92(4): 1159-1168.
- 2005. Social exchange theory: An interdisciplinary review of conceptual and definitional issues. Journal of Management, 31(6): 874-900.
PhD, Business Administration, Management, University of Central Florida, 2006
MA, Human Resource Management, Rollins College, 1998
BA, Political Science, George Mason University, 1993
- Behavioral ethics
- Workplace deviance/aggression/abusive supervision
- Self-resources, affect, and energy
- Social exchange/workplace relationships
- Leader behaviors
- Organizational justice
Associate Editor, Personnel Psychology, 2017 - 2019
Editorial Board Member, Academy of Management Journal, 2009 - present
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Applied Psychology, 2011 - present
Editorial Board Member, Personnel Psychology, 2015 - 2016, 2020 - present
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 2020 - present
Editorial Board Member, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 2014 - 2016
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Management, 2011 - 2016
Editorial Board Member, Business Ethics Quarterly, 2008 - 2014