Terry Dean’s Advisory Council Distinguished Professor
C214 Benson Hall630 South Lumpkin StreetAthens, GA, 30602
- Email Address
PhD, Management, University of Florida, 2010
MBA, Business Administration, University of Florida, 2006
BA, Sociology, Furman University, 2002
Georgia Power Foundation, Inc. Developing Scholar, The University of Georgia, 2015
HR Division Scholarly Achievement Award for Judge, Rodell, et al. (2013), Academy of Management, 2014
Michael F. Adams Early Career Scholar Award, The University of Georgia, 2014
- Employee Volunteering
- Organizational Justice
- Emotions and Mood
- Blend in or stand out? Interpersonal outcomes to managing concealable stigmas at work..Journal of Applied Psychology, 103:1307-1323
- Pacification or aggravation? The effects of talking about supervisor unfairness. Academy Of Management Journal .
- Trusting the "look and feel": Situational normality, situational aesthetics, and the
perceived trustworthiness of organizations. Academy Of Management Journal
- 2017. Corporate volunteering climate: Mobilizing employee passion for societal causes and inspiring future charitable action. Academy Of Management Journal , 60:1662-1681.
- 2017. Is Adhering to justice rules enough? The role of charismatic qualities in perceptions of supervisors' overall fairness. Organizational Behavior And Human Decision Processes, 140:14-28.
- 2016. Engaged and productive misfits: How job crafting and leisure activity mitigate the negative effects of value incongruence. Academy Of Management Journal ,59:1561-1584.
- 2016. Perceptions of employee volunteering: Is it acredited or estigmatized by colleagues? . Academy Of Management Journal , 59:611-635.
- 2016.Employee volunteering: A review and framework for future research..Journal Of Management , 42:55-84.
- 2015. Uneasy lies the head that bears the trust: The effects of feeling trusted on emotional exhaustion.. Academy Of Management Journal , 58:1637-1657.
- 2015. Adding the 'in' to justice: A qualitative and quantitative investigation of the differential effects of justice and injustice. Journal Of Applied Psychology , 100:278-297.
- 2013. Hierarchical representations of the five-factor model of personality in predicting job performance: Integrating three organizing frameworks with two theoretical perspectives. Journal Of Applied Psychology, 98:875-925.
- 2013. Finding meaning through volunteering: Why do employees volunteer and what does it mean for their jobs?. Academy Of Management Journal, 56:1274-1294.
- 2013. Justice at the millennium, a decade later: A meta-analytic test of social exchange and affect-based perspectives.. Journal Of Applied Psychology, 98:199-236.
- 2011. Justice, trust, and trustworthiness: A longitudinal analysis integrating three theoretical perspectives. Academy Of Management Journal, 54:1183-1206.
- 2009. Can "good" stressors spark "bad" behaviors? The mediating role of emotions in links of challenge and hindrance stressors with citizenship and counterproductive behaviors.. Journal Of Applied Psychology, 94:1438-1451.
- 2009. Looking ahead in times of uncertainty: The role of anticipatory justice in an organizational change context.. Journal Of Applied Psychology, 94:989-1002.
Associate Editor, Academy of Management Journal, 2016 - present
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Applied Psychology, 2014 - 2016
Editorial Board Member, Academy of Management Journal, 2012 - 2016