Terry Dean’s Advisory Council Distinguished Professor | Associate Professor
C217 Benson Hall630 S. Lumpkin St.Athens, GA, 30602
- Email Address
PhD, Organizational Behavior, Michigan State University, 2016
MBA, Management, University of Notre Dame, 2011
BBA, Finance, Loyola University Chicago, 2006
2020 Rising Star in Leadership Research Award—hosted by the Exeter Centre for Leadership and the Academy of Management's Network of Leadership Scholars
2020 Personnel Psychology Best Reviewer Award
Georgia Power Foundation Developing Scholar Award (2019-2020)
- , Matta, F. K., Lin, S., Koopman, J., & Johnson, R. E. forthcoming. The dynamism of daily justice: A person-environment fit perspective on the situated value of justice. Organization Science.
- Frank, E. L., Matta, F. K., Sabey, T., & Rodell, J. B. in press. What does it cost you to get there? The effects of emotional journeys on daily outcomes. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Hill, E., Matta, F. K., & Mitchell, M. S. in press. Seeing the glass as half full or empty: The role of affect-induced optimistic and pessimistic states on justice perceptions and performance. Academy of Management Journal.
- Sabey, T., Rodell, J. B., & Matta, F. K. in press. To and fro: The costs and benefits of power fluctuation throughout the day. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Wilson, K. S., Kleshinski, C. E., & Matta, F. K. 2021. You get me: Examining the implications of couples’ depersonalization agreement for employee recovery. Personnel Psychology, 74, 265-293.
- Baer, M. D., Frank, E. L., Matta, F. K., Luciano, M., Wellman, N. 2021. Under trusted, over trusted, or “just right”? The fairness of (in)congruence between trust wanted and trust received. Academy of Management Journal, 64, 180-206.
- Matta, F. K., Sabey, T., Scott, B. A., Lin, S., & Koopman, J. 2020. Not all fairness is created equal: A study of employee attributions of supervisor justice motives. Journal of Applied Psychology, 105, 274-293.
- 2020. Understanding the disparate behavioral consequences of LMX differentiation: The role of social comparison emotions. Academy of Management Review, 45: 154-180.
- Matta, F. K., Scott, B. A., Guo, Z., Matusik, J. G. 2020. Exchanging one uncertainty for another: Justice variability negates the benefits of justice. Journal of Applied Psychology, 105, 97-110.
- Matusik, J., Hollenbeck, J R., Matta, F. K., Oh, J. 2019. Dynamic systems theory and dual change score models: Seeing teams through the lens
of developmental psychology. Academy of Management Journal, 62, 1760-1788.
- 2019. The dark side of transformational leader behaviors for leaders themselves: A conservation of resources perspective. Academy of Management Journal, 62: 1556-1582.
- Koopman, J., Scott, B. A., Matta, F. K., Conlon, D. E., Dennerlein, T. 2019. Ethical leadership as a substitute for justice enactment: An information-processing perspective. Journal of Applied Psychology, 104: 1103-1116.
- Porck, J. P., Matta, F. K., Hollenbeck, J. R., Oh, J., Lanaj, K., Lee, S. M. 2019. Social identification in multiteam systems: The role of depletion and task complexity. Academy of Management Journal, 62: 1137-1162.
- 2019. The liability of breadth: Situating conflicting influences of experiential breadth into context for founding TMTs. Journal of Management, 45: 1540-1568.
- 2018. Daily mistrust: A resource perspective and its implications for work and home. Personnel Psychology, 545-570.
- 2018. Examining follower responses to transformational leadership from a dynamic, person-environment fit perspective. Academy of Management Journal, 61: 1343-1368.
- 2018. It's not you, it's them: Social influences on trust propensity and trust dynamics. Personnel Psychology, 71: 423-455.
- 2018. Is LMX differentiation beneficial or detrimental for group effectiveness? A meta-analytic
investigation and theoretical integration. Academy of Management Journal, 61: 1158-1188.
- 2018. Misery loves company: An investigation of couples interrole conflict congruence. Academy of Management Journal, 61: 715-737.
- 2017. Is consistently unfair better than sporadically fair? An investigation of justice variability and stress. Academy of Management Journal, 60: 743-770.
- 2016. Personality similarity in negotiations: Testing the dyadic effects of similarity in interpersonal traits and the use of emotional displays on negotiation outcomes. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101: 1405-1421.
- 2015. Ingratiation and popularity as antecedents of justice: A social exchange and social capital perspective. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 131: 132-148.
- 2015. Does seeing eye to eye affect work engagement and organizational citizenship behavior? A role theory perspective on LMX agreement. Academy of Management Journal, 58: 1686-1708.
- 2014. Significant work events and counterproductive work behavior: The role of fairness, emotions, and emotion regulation. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 35: 920-944.
- Matta, F. K., & Frank, E. L. (forthcoming). Fairness in leader-follower relationships. Contemporary perspectives on relationship-based leadership. Information Age Publishing.
- Scott, B. A., Matta, F. K., Koopman, J.2018. Within-person approaches to the study of organizational citizenship behaviors: Antecedents, consequences, and boundary conditions. The Oxford Handbook of Organizational Citizenship Behavior: 417-434.
- 2015. Leader-member exchange and performance: Where we are and where we go from here. The Oxford Handbook of Leader-Member Exchange: 157-174.
Editorial Board Member, Academy of Management Journal, 2020 - present
Editorial Board Member, Academy of Management Review, 2020 - present
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Applied Psychology, 2018 - present
Editorial Board Member, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 2016 - present
Editorial Board Member, Personnel Psychology, 2017 - present