PhD, Economics, Stanford, 1999
Prior Professional Positions
RAND Corp, Senior Economist, 2007 to 2010
Carnegie Mellon University, Heinz School of Public Policy, Associate Professor, 1996 to 2007
Fuchs Award, Bing Center for Health Economics, 2007
Areas of Expertise
- Competition and innovation in health care industries
- Industrial Organization
- Economics of Technology
- Pharmaceutical Economics
- Health Economics
- 2010. Empirical analysis of mobile voice and SMS service: A structural model.. Management Science, (56):234-52.
- 2007. Substitution, spending offsets, and prescription drug benefit design. Forum For Health Economics And Policy, (10):1-31.
- 2009. Medicare Part D after two years. American Journal Of Managed Care, (15):536-44.
- 2003. Competition among hospitals. Rand Journal Of Economics, (34):764-85.
- 2000. Are invisible hands good hands? Moral hazard, competition and the second best in health care markets. Journal Of Political Economy, (108):992-1005.
- August 2006. Employment and adverse selection in health insurance. Nber Working Paper #12430.
Editorial Board, RAND Forum for Health Economics & Policy, 2005 - present