Associate Professor, Deloitte Faculty Fellow, J. Hatten Howard III Teaching Professor
A330 Moore-Rooker Hall610 S. Lumpkin St.Athens, GA, 30602
- Phone Numbers
- Email Address
PhD, Accounting, The Pennsylvania State University, 2006
Student Career Development Award, University of Georgia, 2016
Student Career Development Award, University of Georgia, 2015
Student Career Development Award, University of Georgia, 2014
J. Hatten Howard III Teaching Professor, The Honors Program at University of Georgia, 2013
Outstanding Teacher Award, University of Georgia, 2012
Dissertation Research Grant, Pennsylvania State University, 2005
Doctoral Consortium Fellow, American Accounting Association, 2005
G. Kenneth Nelson Fellowship, Pennsylvania State University, 2004
Smeal College of Business Fellowship, Pennsylvania State University, 2003
Donald M. and Regina Harrison Scholarship, Pennsylvania State University, 2002
- Corporate Governance
- Institutional Investors
- Financial Reporting Quality
- The Effect of Financial Reporting Quality on Corporate Dividend Policy. Review Of Accounting Studies. 2017.
- 2014. Evidence from impending bankrupt firms that long horizon institutional investors are informed about future firm value. Review Of Accounting Studies.
- 2013.The Role of Financial Reporting Quality in Mitigating the Constraining Effect of dividend policy on Investment Decisions. The Accounting Review .
- 2012. Institutional investors and accounting conservatism. Journal Of Accounting And Economics.
- 2011.Hometown Advantage: The effects of monitoring institution location on financial reporting discretion. Journal Of Accounting And Economics.
- 2005. Do institutional investors exploit the post-earnings announcement drift?. Journal Of Accounting And Economics.
Associate Editor, Journal of Accounting Auditing & Finance, 2018 - present
Editorial Board Member, Accounting and Business Research, 2017 - present