PhD, Accounting, University of Texas at Austin, 2013
MPA, Taxation, University of Texas at Austin, 2005
BSBA, Accounting, Auburn University, 2003
- Tax compliance; Financial reporting; Corporate finance
- The evolution of capital structure and operating performance after leveraged buyouts: Evidence from U.S. corporate tax returns. 2014. Journal Of Financial Economics 111(2):469-494.
- The effect of mandatory financial statement disclosures of tax uncertainty on tax reporting and collections: The case of FIN 48 and multistate tax avoidance. 2014. Journal Of The American Taxation Association 36(2):203-229.
- One size does not fit all: How the uniform rules of FIN 48 affect the relevance of income tax accounting. 2016. The Accounting Review 91(4):1195-1217.
- Unintended consequences of linking tax return disclosures to financial reporting for income taxes: Evidence from Schedule UTP. 2017. The Accounting Review 92(5): 201-226.
- ncreased tax disclosures and corporate tax avoidance. 2016. National Tax Journal 69(4):809-830.
- Ben Ayers, Jeri Seidman, and Erin Towery. Taxpayer reporting behavior under audit certainty. 2019. Contemporary Accounting Research 36(1): 326-358.
- Michelle Nessa, Casey Schwab, Bridget Stomberg, and Erin Towery. How do IRS resources affect the corporate audit process? 2019. Forthcoming at The Accounting Review.