PhD, Accounting, University of Texas at Austin, 2013
MPA, Taxation, University of Texas at Austin, 2005
BSBA, Accounting, Auburn University, 2003
- Tax compliance; Financial reporting; Corporate finance
- The evolution of capital structure and operating performance after leveraged buyouts: Evidence from U.S. corporate tax returns. Journal Of Financial Economics, 111(2):469-494.
- The effect of mandatory financial statement disclosures of tax uncertainty on tax reporting and collections: The case of FIN 48 and multistate tax avoidance.Journal Of The American Taxation Association, 36(2):203-229.
- One size does not fit all: How the uniform rules of FIN 48 affect the relevance of income tax accounting. The Accounting Review , 91(4):1195-1217.
- Unintended consequences of linking tax return disclosures to financial reporting for income taxes: Evidence from Schedule UTP. The Accounting Review, Forthcoming.
- ncreased tax disclosures and corporate tax avoidance. The National Tax Journal,69(4):809-830.
- Ben Ayers, Jeri Seidman, and Erin Towery. Taxpayer reporting behavior under audit certainty. Forthcoming at Contemporary Accounting Research.