TerryConnect is an online community for current students and alumni to network, share
and receive advice, and ask questions. Through TerryConnect, you can:
- Network with Terry College alumni from around the world
- Engage in flash mentoring sessions with fellow Terry students through Terry Peer Link
- Gain firsthand insight about your industry, company or city of interest
- Receive advice from experts in the field
- Join special interest groups and engage on discussion boards
Build your Terry network and get valuable insight from other students and alums in
the industry! Formal mentoring opportunities are now offered through the UGA Mentoring Program.
Terry Peer Link on TerryConnect
Terry Peer Link is a mentorship platform focused on connecting intended business students
and new Terry undergraduate students with current upperclassmen mentors. This platform
prioritizes student-to-student guidance to provide an easier transition into the Terry
College of Business. Terry Peer Link is housed within TerryConnect, so you will need
to be a member on the platform to participate. Join TerryConnect today!
Who Should Apply?
This program is ideal for intended business majors, recent Terry transfer students
and newly accepted Terry undergraduates.
Mentors should be upperclassmen who are highly engaged in the Terry community, are
looking to share their experiences and insights and maintain a GPA that reflects a
solid understanding of the course material.
Benefits of Being a Mentee
- Interact one-on-one with an involved Terry junior or senior
- Jump-start your Terry career by identifying your short and long-term goals
- Learn about the great opportunities, programs and events available to Terry students
- Construct your résumé
- Build a strong network with Terry Ambassadors, Leonard Leadership Scholars and other
student leaders in an informal setting
Mentors and mentees are expected to make contact on a monthly basis. We highly encourage
mentors and mentees to meet through TerryConnect, Zoom, email or other virtual platforms.
Mentors and mentees should complete mentorship agreements and make use of goal-tracking sheets below.
How Do I Join?
Join Peer Link here, or find it on the “Groups” tab in TerryConnect. You must be a TerryConnect member
to participate. Initial student-to-student matching will last through the rest of
the Fall 2020 semester, with mentors and mentees remaining matched through Spring
2021. Going forward, the mentorship will last on a semester-to-semester basis.