A smooth transition to UGA requires careful preparation and attention to detail. The Terry College is considered high-demand and has a major admissions process, so we hope the following information and resources will help you make informed decisions before you apply to UGA.
Step 1 - Apply to UGA as an Intended Business major.
Step 2 - Attend UGA Orientation to be advised and learn more about the Terry major admissions process and application eligibility requirements.
Step 3 - Apply to a Terry Major once you meet all eligibility requirements (typically around sophomore year). This is a competitive process, and your application will be evaluated based on specific selection criteria.
Step 4 – Receive your admissions decision mid-semester and meet with your advisor. Students not admitted to their first- or second-choice major can choose to reapply or pursue another major at UGA.
Step 5 – Begin your major coursework the following semester.
Terry Direct: UGA students in good standing with the Honors College who apply to a Terry College of Business major are guaranteed their first choice of a first (primary) major with the Terry College. This guarantee does not apply to second, double or co-majors.
Prospective Transfer Student Resources
- BBA Core Curriculum Checklist
- UGA Transfer Equivalency Tool
- UGA Bulletin
- Residency requirement (45-hour rule)
- UGA’s Office of Transfer Services website
- UGA's Transfer Planning Guide
- High-Demand Major Self-Assessment
Current UGA Students
Intended Business students are advised in the Exploratory Center (EC). To meet with an EC advisor, change your major in Athena and complete the Exploratory Center Referral Form.
Still trying to decide if business is a good fit for you?
- Check out the UGA Career Center's Major Exploration Resources.
- Schedule an appointment with Rachael Pierce. Please note, Rachael does not advise Intended Business students and cannot clear them to register for classes.
- Review ways to prepare for Terry by attending Terry events and joining a student organization.
- Review the major admissions process webpage
- Explore Terry Majors, Certificates, and the Business Minor
- Review the IBBA Resources Packet to learn about the This Week at Terry e-newsletter, PEAK programming (for Intended Business students), and Terry student organizations open to Intended Business students
- Explore Terry major career outcomes using the “What Can I Do With A Major In…” tool on the UGA Career Center’s website
- Review Terry College Frequently Asked Questions