A smooth transition to UGA requires careful preparation and attention to detail. The Terry College is considered high-demand and has a major admissions process, so we hope the following information and resources will help you make informed decisions before you apply to UGA.
Step 1 - Apply to UGA: Prospective first year and transfer students first apply to UGA through the Undergraduate Admissions office. All admitted UGA students interested in pursuing a Terry major are considered Intended Business students.
Step 2 - Attend UGA Orientation: Intended Business students will meet with an academic advisor during New Student Orientation. During these meetings, students learn more about the Terry major admissions process and application eligibility requirements.
Step 3 - Apply to a Terry Major: Once a student meets all eligibility requirements, they can submit a Terry major application during the Fall or Spring admissions cycle.
- Please be mindful that meeting the minimum admissions requirements does not guarantee that you will be admitted to a Terry major; this is a competitive process, and your application will be evaluated based on specific selection criteria. Students interested in business are encouraged to explore all of their major options at UGA.
- Admitted students begin taking major coursework the semester following admission. Students typically apply during their sophomore year and, if accepted, begin taking major-specific classes junior year.
Prospective Transfer Students
- Transfer Planning: To guide your transfer planning process, we recommend that you refer to the BBA Core Curriculum Checklist and use the UGA Transfer Equivalency Tool to determine whether or not your classes are satisfying the requirements for Intended Business Majors. The UGA Bulletin has a complete list of courses that can count in Areas I-V of the core curriculum.
- Residency Requirements: UGA has a residency requirement in which students must earn 45 of the last 60 semester credit hours in residence. Even if you don’t need 45 hours to finish your curriculum, you will need to satisfy this residency requirement to earn a UGA degree. The Terry College also requires that 30 hours of Terry College prefix courses must be satisfied at UGA.
- Other Transfer Resources:
Current UGA Students
Intended Business students are advised in the Exploratory Center.
To be assigned to an Intended Business advisor, follow these steps:
- Change your major to an Intended Business major in Athena
- Complete the Exploratory Center Referral Form
Still trying to decide if business is a good fit for you? Check out the UGA Career Center's Major Exploration Resources. Students who have general questions about Terry academic programs can schedule an appointment with Rachael Pierce. Please note, Rachael does not advise Intended Business students and cannot clear them to register for classes. Intended Business students should also review ways to prepare for Terry by attending Terry events and joining a student organization.
- Review the major admissions process webpage
- Explore Terry Majors, Certificates, and the Business Minor
- Review the IBBA Resources Packet to learn about the This Week at Terry e-newsletter, PEAK programming (for Intended Business students), and Terry student organizations open to Intended Business students
- Explore Terry major career outcomes using the “What Can I Do With A Major In…” tool on the UGA Career Center’s website
- Review Terry College Frequently Asked Questions