High School Students
Get a feel for our programs and our campus in Athens. Terry Ambassadors take you on a tour of Terry facilities while sharing their experiences as students. Want a more in-depth preview of student life? We can arrange for you to get an admissions primer or attend class with a Terry Ambassador.
Summer Residency Programs
Get a feel for the life of a business student by participating in one of our week-long residency programs during the summer.
Gain practical insight about becoming a business major—from developing and presenting a business plan to meeting corporate professionals from various industries.
Designed as an introduction to the accounting profession, this four-day summer program provides a glimpse of what you can expect from the college experience.
Intended Business Students
You have to wait until you're a sophomore to apply to a Terry major, but we encourage students to start preparing during their first years on campus. Here are some ways you can get involved with Terry before you apply:
Attend Terry events
Start networking with upperclassmen, faculty and alumni (especially if you are seeking a mentor). As an intended business major you should be receiving the This Week at Terry newsletter with a listing of upcoming events and programs.Contact Undergraduate Student Services if you are an intended business major and are not receiving This Week at Terry.
Check out the UGA Career Center
From résumé writing to career fairs to etiquette, the UGA Career Center is a valuable resource that you will rely on during your time at Terry and after graduation.
Get a Terry mentor
Join a student organization
Connect with other business students and gain leadership experience outside the classroom. A good time to get plugged in with a student group is at the New Student Orientation.
This is what our Terry Ambassadors suggest doing during your first years at UGA to prepare for entering a Terry major.
Year 1 (Freshman)
- Take an assessment at UGA Career Center
- Attend Terry student events
- Connect with upperclassmen who are following the path you want to follow
- Interact with professors to build your confidence in working professionally with adults
- Join an organization that you find interesting
- Find a mentor in an older student, faculty/staff member, or alumni.
- Develop your résumé
Year 2 (Sophomore)
- Apply to a Terry major
- Interacting at events is better than just attending
- Attend career fairs, even if you are not actively seeking a job; the practice will benefit you in the years to come
- Introduce yourself to professors in your respective major and grow those relationships
- Take notes during UGA Career Center events that discuss business etiquette, résumés, good first impressions, etc.