Topics covered include:
- Commercial property and liability insurance
- Employee benefits
- Insurer operations and policy
- Corporate risk management
- Life insurance
Positions + Placements
Sample Job Titles
- Claims Adjuster
- Insurance Broker
- Risk Analyst
- AI Insurance
- Caterpillar Financial
- Humana Inc.
- Walt Disney Company
What’s considered in your acceptance to the risk management and insurance major?
- ETS Proficiency Profile
This is a standardized, multiple-choice assessment of the academic skills.
- Economics course grades
Grades in ECON 2105 and/or ECON 2106. Applicants currently enrolled in one of these courses will be evaluated based on the grade in the completed course.
- Accounting course grades
Grades in ACCT 2101 and ACCT 2102. Applicants currently enrolled in ACCT 2102 will be evaluated based on the grade in ACCT 2101.
- Risk Management and Insurance course grades
Grade in RMIN 4000, if complete. RMIN 4000 is not required for admission to Risk Management and Insurance.
- Statement of Purpose
A brief essay (300-400 words) which describes your interest in the risk management and insurance major and your future goals.
- The ACE Charitable Foundation Scholarships
- William Duffy Scholarship
- Foundation for Agency Management Excellence Scholarship
- The Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals (AICP)
- Angus Robinson Jr. Memorial Foundation Scholarships
- John T. Lockton Memorial Scholarship
- Southern Loss Association Scholarship
- The Hobbs Group
- The Georgia 1752 Club
- The Guy C. Brazell, Jr. Scholarship
- The Leverett Excellence Awards
- The Don Guin-Lindsey Morden Scholarship
Points of Pride
The program’s annual Risk and Insurance Careers Day attracts over 50 employers and the student resume book is mailed to over 1,000 recruiters every spring.
Maintains a highly active internship program with more than 50 employers in over 15 states.
Faculty members are among the top published in the premier risk management and insurance journals
This consistently highly ranked program is currently the No. 2 program in the country.