Each semester eight of our highest achievers are selected to spend a weekend with former Coca-Cola CEO Doug Ivester and his friends at Deer Run, his 18,000 acre plantation in Leary, Georgia.
At Deer Run, you will take part in a number of activities designed to:
- Inform you about the business operations of a modern plantation and the impact such a plantation can have on the economy and culture of the South.
- Stimulate you intellectually through lectures and discussion. Typically, at least one industry expert will be invited to Deer Run to speak about his or her area of expertise. Topics may include any aspect of business in a wide array of organizations (manufacturing, service, agriculture, non-profit, etc.).
- Encourage you personally through discussions of their life and professional goals and plans.
- Promote team building through activities associated with life on a large plantation. Examples include horseback riding, hiking, skeet shooting, etc.
NominationProspective participants are recommended to the Dean by a Terry College faculty or staff member.
ApplicationStudents are then notified of the nomination and submit a completed application (resume and short essay).
ReviewEach application is reviewed by a Terry College faculty/staff committee that will narrow the applicant pool to a group of finalists.
InterviewFinalists will be invited to participate in individual interviews with the Terry College committee.
Participants are selected based upon
- Demonstrated ability and desire to grow intellectually and personally from the Deer Run experience.
- Excellent academic preparation and potential for continued learning