The Emeritus members of the Terry College Alumni Board annually honor a graduating senior with the “Student of the Year” award. This special award is presented at Terry's Honors Day ceremony to a student who best demonstrates the skills and commitment required to succeed in college, business, and life.
Eligibility and Qualifications
Candidate must be a Terry College Senior. Strength in these areas are weighed:
- Academics: Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the Terry College of Business.
- Campus Involvement: Community and campus service (volunteer involvement).
- Leadership: University involvement/leadership (club, sports, band, etc.).
- Financial Responsibility: Element of financial self-reliance (working, internships, scholarships, summer job).
- Soft Skills: Recognized and respected leader, respects and honors fellow students, respects and lives a life consistent with the University’s Honor Code, consistently represents UGA and Terry at school, work, home and socially.
We invite Terry faculty, staff and students to nominate outstanding students for this award. Nominations are accepted through January 30. Please take a moment to complete the brief nomination form.
To be formally considered for the award, the student will be asked to provide additional information upon nomination. Emeritus Board members will review nominees and select the top five candidates for interviews. All five finalists will be recognized on Honors Day, and one student will be selected as the Alumni Board Student of the Year.