The Student Government Association recognized the work of three Terry faculty members and seven others at its annual Professor Recognition Ceremony.
Dawn Bennett-Alexander, associate professor of legal studies; Kimberly Grantham, senior lecturer in marketing; and Katherine McClain, senior lecturer in economics, were selected by the SGA’s academic affairs committee.
Selection was based numerous criteria, including clear articulation of impact and evidence of dedication to the education of UGA students both in and out of the classroom.
“As the liaison between students and faculty, we want to showcase and recognize those professors who are going over and beyond their call of duty,” said Johnelle Simpson, SGA president and Terry student. “Many of UGA’s professors have made a difference in the lives of students; it is important for us to thank them for their hard work and dedication and to show appreciation for the impacts they make on our lives.”
The other honored faculty members, their disciplines, schools and colleges are:
- Tracey Brigman, foods and nutrition, College of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Mary Caplan, social work, School of Social Work.
- Tarek Grantham, educational psychology, College of Education.
- Audrey Haynes, political science, School of Public and International Affairs.
- Katie Darby Hein, health promotion and behavior, College of Public Health.
- Daniel Krashen, mathematics, Franklin College of Arts and Sciences.
- Walter K. Schmidt, biochemistry and molecular biology, Franklin College of Arts and Sciences.