The MIS Department has created an MBA concentration in Business Analytics, which will commence next year. The concentration will meet the market’s need for advanced skills in data analysis, and announcement of the new concentration was well received by MBA students.
The core courses are:
- Data Management
- Business Process Management
- Predictive Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Emerging Analytical Technologies, Platforms and Applications
Students will be able to choose electives from across UGA to enable specialization in a particular aspect of analytics. Some of the possibilities include:
- Energy Informatics
- Introductory Biostatistics
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Analyzing Profitability of Products, Services, and Customers
- Geographic Information Systems for Environmental Planning
- Information/Explanation Graphics
- Information Management in the Public Sector
As part of preparation for teaching the new concentration, a Hadoop cluster is being setup with the support of Hortonworks, and Maric Boudreau and Rick Watson attended its course of Hadoop and associated products during the summer to prepare for teaching some aspects of the new concentration.