At a March 24 ceremony, State Farm representatives presented a $40,000 grant to the MIS Department in the Terry College. State Farm is a long-term supporter of the University of Georgia and is proud to continue the collaborative work that positively impacts students and the community.
“State Farm is committed to supporting educational initiatives that are helping to develop our future workforce. We believe it is important to support the communities where we live and work, making it a better place for everyone to live in,” said Maureen Davis, State Farm assistant vice president.
“The grant will support student and faculty activities that are not otherwise possible,” said Maric Boudreau, head of the MIS Department. Money from the grant will be used for:
- Promotion of MIS in high schools;
- State Farm-sponsored MIS speaker series
- State Farm-sponsored research colloquium
- State Farm-sponsored case competition for students
- Attendance at conferences on leading trends
- Reception at the main MIS conference