Graduate School Application
All graduate program admissions are handled by the UGA Graduate School. Once the graduate school reviews your application, it is forwarded to the MMR program for further review. Final decisions will be issued by letter from the UGA Graduate School.
Required Documents — Attach documents to online application
- 1 Unofficial transcript from institutions you’ve attended (submit official transcript if admitted) UGA students and alumni are exempt as their records are on file.
- GMAT or GRE scores
- 3 letters of recommendation Letters should be from individuals who have knowledge of your academic and/or professional capability. The application will prompt your recommenders to submit their letters electronically.
- Résumé (1 page)
- Statement of Purpose
Additional Documents for International Applicants
- 2 proofs of degree
- TOEFL scores All international students are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS exams. The minimum TOEFL should be 90 with IBT speaking scores over 25. The minimum IELTS should be 8.
- Certificate of Finances form
You must submit a one-time application fee via credit card online in order to complete your application — $75 for domestic applicants, $100 for international applicants.
You should submit your completed application by February 15. The MMR Program begins in June. There is no fall or spring admission.
Admissions are limited and competition is quite stiff. Students are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible especially in cases where there are questions about foundation courses.
Complete applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with decisions made by early April.
Admission to the program is highly competitive. Decisions are based on a combination of factors including:
- Demonstrated high aptitude for quantitative analysis and academic success as evidenced by prior coursework and standardized test scores (the minimum undergraduate GPA standard for admission to the Graduate School at the University of Georgia for applicants who do not have a prior graduate degree is 3.0)
- Work experience that suggests a propensity for success in the marketing research arena
- Communication skills
- Maturity, self-initiative and leadership potential
- Career aspirations that align with the program's mission
The more statistical coursework in an applicant’s background the better. This is not meant to imply that an MMR degree is a math/statistics degree. However, many of the courses in the program include topics involving quantitative/statistical analyses and the application of related computer software.
You will receive an email to notify you that a decision recommendation has been made, as well as a letter from the Dean of the Graduate School with the official decision. To protect student confidentiality, we do not provide admission decisions over the telephone. All admissions decisions are final.