The 2014 UGA MMR Anniversary and Research Summit celebrates the 35th anniversary of the establishment of UGA’s Master of Marketing Research program. Take a brewery tour and enjoy dinner with craft beers while reconnecting with fellow graduates and friends of the program at the Wednesday evening reception at the newly opened Creature Comforts Brewing Co. in downtown Athens. Then hear from and interact with industry leaders during the full-day Research Summit on Thursday at The Classic Center followed by a reception and gala dinner.
Don’t miss the opportunity to hear from these and other speakers on topics including the future of market research, global trends, virtual reality and multicultural research:
- Lisa Courtade, Senior Director — Global Insights, Merck
- Long-Running MROCs — Delivering Insights by Engaging Online Communities
- Carlos Garcia, Senior Vice President, Head of Multicultural Practice, GfK
- Trends in Acculturation — How Shifts Among Multi-Cultural, Millennial and LGBT Consumers are Changing Research
- Tom Kelly, Director, Insights & Analytics, AOL
- Make Your Stakeholders Smarter — Moving Beyond the Dashboard and Into Configurable Insights.
- Tom LaForge, Global Director, Human & Cultural Trends, The Coca-Cola Company
- Cultural Forces ‐ Reshaping Business, Repositioning Market Research
- Joe Marks, Founder, Upfront Analytics
- Gathering Market Data through Mobile Gameplay
- Erin Matts, CMO, Annalect Group
- Speed, Accuracy, and a Single Version of the Truth — How Technology is Changing Research
- Richard McCloud, Director, Pfizer
- Biosimilars — Challenges on Entering New Markets
- David Sackman, CEO, Lieberman Research Worldwide
- Superman & Avatars — the Promise of a Better World
- Niels Schillewaert, Manager Partner, InSites Consulting
- ESOMAR 2014 Global Market Research Report
- Ashley Shomaker, President & CEO, U30 Group
- From Ricedough to GoPro — Technology Applications in Research
- John Whitaker, Vice President, Market & Consumer Insight, Lowe's Home Improvement
- Measuring Motivational Response in Complex Categories
Summit EventsNo events are scheduled at this time.
Register by Nov. 12
The $206 (in honor of Caldwell 206 which will be ‘retired’ summer 2015 as we move to the new building) individual registration includes craft beers and food at Creature Comforts Brewing Wednesday evening and the Thursday Research Summit (continental breakfast, lunch, evening reception and gala dinner followed by drinks and desserts bar).
Or consider registering as an Alumni Sponsor. This $500 option includes your registration as well as a donation to the Marketing Studies Student Support Fund which will cover the cost for a current MMR student to attend the event.
Wednesday, November 19
|7:30 – 10:30 pm||Opening Reception (Creature Comforts Brewing)|
Thursday, November 20 Classic Center in Athens, GA
|7:30 – 8:00 am||Breakfast and Registration (Foundry Street Building)|
|8:00 – 12:15 am||Morning Research Summit Presentations (Empire Room)|
|12:15 – 1:15 pm||Lunch (Oconee River Room)|
|1:15 – 5:00 pm||Afternoon Research Summit Presentations (Empire Room)|
|5:00 – 6:30 pm||
|6:30 – 8:30 pm||Gala Dinner (Oconee River room)|
|8:30 – 10:30 pm||Dessert and Drinks Bar|
Hotels + Transportation
For your convenience blocks of rooms are being held at the Hilton Garden Inn, Hotel Indigo, and Foundry Park Inn. All are a short walk to the Classic Center in Athens. Rates and contact information are below
Hilton Garden Inn
390 E. Washington Street
Athens, GA 30601
Room rates $124/night ($9.95 parking)
Reference group name “MMR Summit"
500 College Ave.
Athens, GA 30601
Room rates $109/night ($10 parking)
Reference group name “2014 MMR Summit”.
Foundry Park Inn
295 E. Dougherty Street
Athens, GA 30601
Room rates: $119/ night
Reference group name: – “UGA Terry College of Business Masters of Marketing Research Summit”
Groome Shuttle provides transportation between Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and Athens hotels.