Tull Students!! We have some exciting news to share. If you qualify, you can be admitted to the UGA MAcc (5-year or traditional 1-year) program without taking the GMAT beginning in Spring 2019. Here are the details:
UGA Accounting majors must have grades for Intermediate I and II, Tax and Cost in order to apply for the GMAT waiver. These courses cannot be in progress. Those who have no more than one withdrawal (W) in an upper-level accounting course and who have a 3.5 GPA or higher in their upper-level ACCT courses (ACCT courses numbered 5000 or higher, excluding ACCT 5710 & 5720 (Professional Accounting I and II)), and a 3.7 or higher GPA overall, can waive the GMAT requirement for admission into the 5-Year B.B.A./MAcc, as well as, for admission into the traditional 1-year MAcc program. Still not sure? To see if you qualify for the GMAT Waiver:
1. Check your upper level ACCT GPA here: https://www.back2college.com/gpa.htm – Remember, ACCT 2101, 2102, 5710 & 5720 do NOT count for this purpose!
2. Is your ACCT GPA a 3.5 or higher? If so, go to step 3.
3. Go to Athena and check your overall GPA. Is it a 3.7 or higher? If so, go to Step 4.
4. Do you have no more than 1 W in an upper level ACCT course? If so, go to Step 5.
5. Apply to the UGA MAcc program! No GMAT required!
You WILL still be eligible for graduate assistantships and other financial aid, so please apply by the tuition assistance deadline!
Please contact Elizabeth Lutz with additional questions or concerns.
*Double Dawg students who are not Accounting majors and applicants external to UGA do not qualify for the GMAT waiver.