While international immersion is invaluable to your résumé and your employability, studying abroad also elevates your college experience in allowing you the independence to travel and earn course credit at the same time.
These study abroad programs are geared towards Terry students and offer business course credit and experiential learning opportunities. To gain a better understanding of international business and the global marketplace, you will attend classes, tour cities and may even visit companies. Programs are led by Terry faculty during Maymester and/or summer semester.
Study Abroad Programs
Popular study abroad programs for undergraduate business students:
- UGA-Terry-Business in Europe
- UGA-Terry-Business in South America
- UGA-Terry-Business in Cuba
- UGA-GLOBIS: Verona, Italy
- UGA at Oxford-Terry Program
- UGA Study Abroad Australia and New Zealand
Participants in these programs receive credit for INTB 5100 Special Topics in International Business (3 credits). Additional courses and credit hours vary by program. Instruction is given in English by UGA faculty members.
Costs + Financial Aid
- Deposit – varies by program. Students who accept the offer of admission must pay a non-refundable deposit to complete their enrollment in the program.
- Program Fee – varies by program. Costs of living and travelling while abroad depend upon the destination, dates and foreign exchange rates.
- UGA Tuition & Fees – Register for UGA courses and SABD10XX (program fee placeholder) in Athena. The Bursar will then charge tuition (Resident Rate) and fees to your Student Account. These are due before departure, despite normal term deadlines.
- Airfare – Participants may have the option to join a group flight (normally, a 10 person minimum).
HOPE and other financial aid will apply to study abroad expenses, as well as certain scholarships offered by UGA and other organizations; explore resources at the UGA Office of Financial Aid and UGA Office of International Education.
Terry programs are open to business and intended-business majors. Additionally, you must have
- Completed 1 year of college
- A 3.0 GPA minimum
- A satisfactory disciplinary record
- Completed the online application (deadlines vary per program).
Course pre-requisites, if any, will be upheld.
Admission decisions will be sent via the goabroad.uga.edu application portal. Students who receive an offer of admission will have a limited time to accept or decline the offer before the spot passes to another candidate.
In addition to the programs listed above, students have many other options to study abroad for credit. The goabroad.uga.edu portal has a complete list of UGA-sponsored study abroad and exchange programs.