Through partnerships with prestigious universities around the world, you may study abroad during fall or spring semester in an experiential learning program where you are immersed in another culture.
UGA has 55 exchange partnerships. To search for programs of interest, go to goabroad.uga.edu and limit your search to Program Category "UGA Exchange."
Not all exchange agreements allow access to the partner’s business school. Limit your search to Academic Areas "Business Administration" and/or "General Business." Popular exchange programs for business study include:
- University of Sydney, Australia
- Vienna Univ. of Economics and Business, Austria
- Peking University, China
- Tsinghua University, China
- University Jean Moulin Lyon 3, France
- Friedrich-Alexander Univ. (Nuremberg), Germany
- Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Natl. University Singapore, Singapore
- University Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Sogang University, South Korea
- Yonsei University, South Korea
- Natl. Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Lancaster University, UK
- University of Liverpool, UK
- University of Reading, UK
Non-UGA courses need to be pre-approved for transfer credit. Please complete a Transfer Credit Approval Form when applying to an exchange program. The International Business Programs office facilitates the review of non-UGA business courses for possible transfer credit.
Not all exchange courses are taught in English. The list of programs above offer business courses taught in English. Limit your search to Language of Instruction "English." Most programs offer language study as part of the curriculum (e.g. Business German) or as a non-credit cultural enrichment option.
Exchange programs are often the best value in study abroad because all participants pay UGA in-state tuition, and rents decrease with longer durations. Cost of travel and living expenses abroad will vary depending upon the destination, dates and foreign exchange rates. HOPE and other financial aid will apply to an exchange program, as well as scholarships offered by UGA and other organizations.
Eligibility & Application
You should be flexible, resourceful, self-motivated, confident, independent and a good ambassador of UGA abroad. Additionally, you must
- have completed 1 year of college
- have a 3.0 GPA minimum, and
- complete the application by the deadline to apply:
Feb. 1 (Fall semester or academic year abroad)
Sept. 15 (Spring semester abroad)
Apply online at goabroad.uga.edu.