- Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Michael Hoy from the University of Guelph will be presenting his paper, "The value of technology improvements in games with externalities: A fresh look at offsetting behavior."
- Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Nicolas Petrosky-Nadeau from Carnegie Mellon University will be presenting his paper, "Unemployment Crises."
- Thursday, March 20, 2014
UGA withdrawal deadline for spring semester.
- Monday, March 10, 2014 – Friday, March 14, 2014
Students spring break. No classes. No MBA Recruiting Activities. University offices are open.
- Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Raphael Lopes de Melo from the University of Chicago will be presenting "How firms affect wages: a structural decomposition."
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Meet with recruiters seeking students to fill both internship and full time opportunities. Please dress professionally and bring copies of your resume! Shuttles will run from campus to the Classic Center between 11:30am and 5:00pm. Bus stops for students include: Memorial Hall, Bio-Chem, Physics, across from the Library, Classic Center
- Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
David Wildasin from the University of Kentucky will be presenting his paper, "Strategic Fiscal Interactions Among Atomistic Governments: A Comparative Statistics Analysis."
- Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 6:00pm – 7:15pm
Regional VP from Primerica, Chris Woods, will speak to Econ Society members. Refreshments will be provided.
- Tuesday, February 18, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Molly Candon will be presenting her dissertation, "The Labor Market's Influence on Assortative Mating: Is It Happening, Has It Changed, and Does It Matter?"
- Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Information Session with CoStar. The information session is open to all students but specifically targeting real estate, economics and finance students. Come learn more about this great company!
- Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Andrew Sweeting from the University of Maryland will be presenting on "Regulating Bidder Participation in Auctions.".
- Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Alero Akporiaye, a job candidate from UT Dallas, will be presenting on the "Ex-post implications of political risk for multinational corporations."
- Monday, January 20, 2014
Official university holiday. Offices closed.
- Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
David Kuenzel from the University of Washington will be presenting his paper "WTO Dispute Determinants."
- Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Laura Zimmermann from the University of Michigan will be presenting her paper "Why Guarantee Employment? Evidence from a Large Indian Public-Works Program."