- Friday, December 12, 2014 at 11:00am – 2:00pm
Terry's premier outreach series provides business and government workers the foundation to make informed decisions based on accurate, reliable economic data from the Selig Center for Economic Growth. More than 3,000 leaders rely on the annual forecast presentation in 10 cities. Learn what to expect from next year's economy.
Program Schedule 11:00 AM - Noon Networking Session Noon - 2 PM
- President Jere W. Morehead
- Dean Benjamin C. Ayers
- Doug Handler, Chief North American Economist, IHS Global
- Friday, December 5, 2014 at 10:15am – 11:45am
The J.M. Tull School of Accounting will be having a workshop this Friday, December 5th from 10:15-11:45 in Sanford 314. The presenter will be Sean McGuire of Texas A&M University. The title of his paper is "How Quickly Do Firms Adjust to Target Levels of Tax Avoidance?" If you would like a copy of his paper, please come to Brooks 255.
- Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 7:00am – 9:00am
Dan Amos is chairman and chief executive officer of Aflac Incorporated. Mr. Amos joined Aflac in 1973 and worked in the sales area for 10 years. He was named president of Aflac in 1983, chief operating officer in 1987, chief executive officer of Aflac Incorporated in 1990, and chairman in 2001. During Mr. Amos' tenure…
- Friday, November 14, 2014 at 10:15am – 11:45am
Lisa Hinson a ph.d. student of the Terry College of Business, J.M. Tull School of Accounting, will be presenting a paper Friday, Nov. 14th from 10:15 -11:45 in Sanford 314. The title of her paper is "Contracting with CEO's to Induce Earlier Disclosure of Bad News: Evidence From Ex-Ante Severance Agreements." If you would like a copy of her paper, please come to Brooks 255.
- Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 8:00am – 4:00pm
In its fifth year, the Professional Women's Conference will be held Tuesday, November 11, 2014 and offers a day of networking and learning through keynote speakers, panel discussions and small group meetings with industry leaders, female executives and mentors. The conference has a distinct focus on personal and professional development, leadership and…
- Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Hear from Terry College alumni about their careers and experiences in the field of International Business. Don't miss this panel discussion and time for Q&A with the following alums:
- Emily Cataldo, Cloud Sherpas
- Neil McCollum, Habitat for Humanity
- Linh Nguyen, GE
- Mai-Lise Nguyen, Roche
- Ron Stacey, Daugherty Business Solutions
- Moderator: Tim Blanco, Ironwood Insurance Services
This event is co-hosted by the International Business Society. Dress is casual and Chick-fil-A will be provided for registered guests. Terry Alumni Panels are sponsored by Georgia Power.
- Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Topic: Equity Measurement. This event is only open to students in the MMR Program.
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Topic: Brands as Stereotypes This event is only open to students in the MMR Program.
- Monday, October 27, 2014 at 2:00pm – 3:30pm
The School of Accounting will be having a workshop on Monday, Oct. 27 from 2:00-3:30 in Sanford 314. Steve Utke, a phd student in the School of Accounting, will present his dissertation proposal. The title of his paper is "The Impact of Investor Tax Preferences on Organizational Form and Stock Ownership around Equity Carve-Outs."
- Friday, October 24, 2014 at 10:15am – 11:45am
The J.M. Tull School of Accounting will be having a workshop on Friday, October 24 from 10:15-11:45 in Sanford 314. The presenter will be Alex Edwards of The University of Toronto. The tile of his paper is "Does the Deferred Tax Asset Valuation Allowance Signal Firm Creditworthiness?" If You would like a copy of his paper, please come to Brooks 255.
- Friday, October 24, 2014 at 8:00am – 4:00pm
Topic: Report Writing Workshop. This event is only open to students in the MMR Program.
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Topic: Interviewing and Careers in Marketing Research This event is only open to students in the MMR Program.
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 12:20pm – 1:10pm
Hear from Terry College alumni about their experiences with the healthcare industry during a panel discussion and Q&A session.
Don't miss this great opportunity to hear from alums:
- Travis Messina, Martin Ventures
- Rob Anderson, Advantage Medical
- Nick Hendricks, The Benefit Company
- Alex Heller, Cardinal Health
- Hunter Fleetwood, Crosslink Orthopaedics
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 5:00pm – 8:00pm
This lecture on case interviewing will be presented by Marc Cosentino, author of "Case in Point" and CEO of CaseQuestions.com. Marc is a former Associate Director of Career Services at Harvard University and has 27 years of experience with case interviewing.
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Topic: Macroforces and Cultural Trends. This event is only open to students in the MMR Program.