- Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Hear from Terry College alumni about their careers and experiences in the field of International Business. Don't miss this panel discussion and time for Q&A with the following alums:
- Emily Cataldo, Cloud Sherpas
- Neil McCollum, Habitat for Humanity
- Linh Nguyen, GE
- Mai-Lise Nguyen, Roche
- Ron Stacey, Daugherty Business Solutions
- Moderator: Tim Blanco, Ironwood Insurance Services
This event is co-hosted by the International Business Society. Dress is casual and Chick-fil-A will be provided for registered guests. Terry Alumni Panels are sponsored by Georgia Power.
- Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Topic: Equity Measurement. This event is only open to students in the MMR Program.
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Topic: Brands as Stereotypes This event is only open to students in the MMR Program.
- Monday, October 27, 2014 at 2:00pm – 3:30pm
The School of Accounting will be having a workshop on Monday, Oct. 27 from 2:00-3:30 in Sanford 314. Steve Utke, a phd student in the School of Accounting, will present his dissertation proposal. The title of his paper is "The Impact of Investor Tax Preferences on Organizational Form and Stock Ownership around Equity Carve-Outs."
- Friday, October 24, 2014 at 10:15am – 11:45am
The J.M. Tull School of Accounting will be having a workshop on Friday, October 24 from 10:15-11:45 in Sanford 314. The presenter will be Alex Edwards of The University of Toronto. The tile of his paper is "Does the Deferred Tax Asset Valuation Allowance Signal Firm Creditworthiness?" If You would like a copy of his paper, please come to Brooks 255.
- Friday, October 24, 2014 at 8:00am – 4:00pm
Topic: Report Writing Workshop. This event is only open to students in the MMR Program.
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Topic: Interviewing and Careers in Marketing Research This event is only open to students in the MMR Program.
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 12:20pm – 1:10pm
Hear from Terry College alumni about their experiences with the healthcare industry during a panel discussion and Q&A session.
Don't miss this great opportunity to hear from alums:
- Travis Messina, Martin Ventures
- Rob Anderson, Advantage Medical
- Nick Hendricks, The Benefit Company
- Alex Heller, Cardinal Health
- Hunter Fleetwood, Crosslink Orthopaedics
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 5:00pm – 8:00pm
This lecture on case interviewing will be presented by Marc Cosentino, author of "Case in Point" and CEO of CaseQuestions.com. Marc is a former Associate Director of Career Services at Harvard University and has 27 years of experience with case interviewing.
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Topic: Macroforces and Cultural Trends. This event is only open to students in the MMR Program.
- Friday, October 17, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Topic: Social Media and Market Research. This event is only open to students in the MMR Program.
- Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 7:00am – 9:00am
Bernie Marcus is chairman of the board of The Marcus Foundation, which focuses on Jewish causes, children, medical research, free enterprise and the community. Mr. Marcus co-founded The Home Depot, Inc., the world’s largest home improvement retailer, and served as chairman of the board until his retirement in 2002. …
- Wednesday, October 15, 2014 at 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Dr. Lastrapes of the Economics Department will be leading a presentation on the rise and future of Bitcoin as a global currency. Event is open to all currently enrolled students and faculty and is absolutely free.
- Monday, October 13, 2014 at 5:00pm – 6:30pm
The Hugh Hodgson School of Music will hold an Athens Music Industry Panel Discussion on Monday, October 13 at 5:00 pm in Edge Recital Hall. The panel, featuring music industry specialists David Barbe, Bertis Downs and Velena Vego, is sponsored by the school's "Music in the Real World" course, a class dedicated to educating students in entrepreneurial concepts, marketing techniques, freelance strategies, professional etiquette, and other challenges facing young musicians.
- Friday, October 10, 2014 at 10:15am – 11:45am
The presenter will be Bradley Bennett of The University of Massachussetts at Amherst. The title of his paper is "Match with Dot-Coms: How Alignment Between Perceptions of Corporate Persona and Communications Method Impact Investor Information Processing." If you would like a copy of his paper, please come to Brooks 255.