- Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Attend this workshop for tips on approaching graduate school.
- Monday, October 27, 2014 at 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Attend this workshop to learn the secrets of business etiquette and communication.
- Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunday, October 26, 2014 at 8:00am – 5:00pm
Wall Street Prep's Financial & Valuation Modeling Seminars. These instructor-led on-campus seminars, leading to Certification in Financial and Valuation Modeling*, will encompass 32 hours of training and the following topics:
- Day 1 – Saturday, October 25: Financial Statement Modeling
- Day 2 – Sunday, October 26: Valuation and Discounted Cash Flow Modeling
- Day 3 – Saturday, February 21: Technical Finance Interview Prep
- Day 4 – Sunday, February 22: Mergers & Acquisitions Modeling
Complimentary 12-month online access to Trading & Transaction Comparables Modeling self-study online modules.
*Note: Students will receive certification upon successful completion of online-based test anytime within 12 months of seminar attendance.
- Friday, October 24, 2014 at 2:30pm – 4:00pm
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Steven Ross from the University of Connecticut will be presenting his paper, "The Effects of Negative Equity on Children's Educational Outcomes."
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 5:00pm – 6:15pm
Attend this workshop to learn about proper negotiation etiquette as well as advice on how to network successfully.
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 8:00am – 5:00pm
Apply for a time slot on DAWGLink by Oct. 12 at 11:59pm.
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 5:00pm – 8:00pm
This lecture on case interviewing will be presented by Marc Cosentino, author of "Case in Point" and CEO of CaseQuestions.com. Marc is a former Associate Director of Career Services at Harvard University and has 27 years of experience with case interviewing.
- Friday, October 17, 2014 at 12:20pm – 1:10pm
Join us for a discussion on "Private Equity - what it is, how it works, and career opportunities" with Dave Tolmie, Partner, Edgewater Funds of Chicago. Dave has been with Edgewater Funds of Chicago since its inception in 2001. Dave serves on the board of several Edgewater portfolio companies and is active in civic and business leadership positions. Visit Dave's full bio at : http://www.edgewaterfunds.com/team-partners/dave-tolmie
Lunch will be provided. Co-hosted by the Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF)
- Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Kurt Lavetti from Ohio State will be presenting "Physician Concentration and Negotiated Prices: Evidence from State Law Changes."
- Wednesday, October 15, 2014 at 11:00am – 2:00pm
Thinking about graduate school? Attend this fair to network with schools and find out more information about programs, application procedures, and more!
- Friday, October 10, 2014 at 2:30pm – 4:00pm
- Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
David Albouy from the University of Illinois will be presenting on "Extreme Temperatures, Climate Change, and American Quality of Life."
- Wednesday, October 8, 2014 at 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Business is the place where theory is executed in real time. It's a place where decisions are made, where communication is key, and collaborative, team-oriented thinking is a must. These are the conditions created in Tax Challenge, PwC's case competition.
No longer within the safe confines of the classroom, PwC seeks students who are eager to plunge briefly into the environment of the real business world to show what they're made of as critical thinkers, able collaborators and persuasive advisors on important business issues.
No number-crunching exercises, Challenge focuses on high-level issues designed to test and improve your decision-making skills. Detailed accounting or tax knowledge is not required to participate. What is required is your desire to learn, meet people, experience new challenges, and have fun.
Attend this workshop to learn more about leveraging LinkedIn for advanced networking, job searching, and career exploration.