- Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 7:00am – 9:00am
Ben Ayers is Dean of the University of Georgia's Terry College of Business and holds the Earl Davis Chair in Taxation. He came to UGA in 1996 and previously served as director of the college's highly regarded Tull School of Accounting for nine years prior to his appointment as Dean in 2014. Under his leadership, the college recently closed a successful Building Terry campaign, raising $121 million to support faculty, programs and facilities.
Dean Ayers has received eleven teaching awards at the school, college, and university levels. He was recently recognized as being in the top 5% of the most productive accounting researchers over the past fifty years. He has been actively involved in the American Taxation Association and American Accounting Association and has received national research awards from both.
Dean Ayers earned his bachelor's degree in accounting and Masters in Taxation from the University of Alabama, and his Ph.D. in accounting from the University of Texas at Austin. Prior to pursuing his Ph.D., he worked for KPMG in Atlanta and Tampa and Complete Health, Inc. in Birmingham.
- Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 7:00am – 9:00am
Tony Maddox is executive vice president and managing director of CNN International, which reaches more than 286 million households and hotel rooms worldwide. Based at CNN’s Atlanta headquarters, he is responsible for an international news and information portfolio that includes five CNN services in English; CNN en Español; the joint ventures CNN-IBN, CNN Turk, CNN Chile and forthcoming CNN Philippines and CNN Indonesia, as well as international newsgathering, editorial and programming oversight.
- Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 7:00am – 9:00am
Terry Third Thursday speaker series featuring speaker Charles Stokes, President & CEO, CDC Foundation.
- Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 7:00am – 9:00am
- Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 7:00am – 9:00am
- Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 7:00am – 9:00am
- Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 7:00am – 9:00am
- Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 7:00am – 9:00am
- Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 7:00am – 9:00am
- Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 7:00am – 9:00am
- Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 7:00am – 9:00am
- Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 7:00am – 9:00am
- Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 7:00am – 9:00am
- Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 7:00am – 9:00am