The EES Summer Intern program provides currently enrolled college students with an internal consulting opportunity to sharpen leadership, technical, and business skills while gaining exposure to the following lines of business across SunTrust:
- Wealth and Investment Management
- Support Functions- EIS/Legal/Finance/HR/Credit Risk Management/Marketing
The overall goal of the program is for Interns to develop skills learned only through real work experience while adding value to SunTrust. Assignments will be within one of the divisions listed above, with the opportunity to interact with other groups throughout SunTrust.
SunTrust is committed to the development of Summer Interns. During the 10-week internship period, the interns are exposed to both formal and informal mentoring and training, as well as written feedback throughout the internship period. In addition, the summer interns will participate in exciting events during the internship period. A week long orientation allows the interns to improve leadership and communication skills while also building team relationships. The interns will also participate in educational activities that include meeting with SunTrust executive leadership and attending Lean Six Sigma training.
The internship program will begin on May 27, 2014 and end on July 31, 2014. The summer intern position is full-time and offers competitive wages. Interns are responsible for all expenses related to parking, housing and transportation. All Interns must be available for the entire ten weeks. Interns may be considered for a full-time position within the EES Associate Program upon college graduation. The Associate program is a fast-paced, 18-24 month development program that consists of:
- Specialized training (including an opportunity to earn a Six Sigma Greenbelt and develop your knowledge of the Business Segments of the Bank)
- 4-6 month rotations with increasing responsibility through the Project Management Governance, Tools and Business Segment Project Management teams of EES
- Exposure to Senior Leaders throughout the Enterprise
- Defined career path at the end of successful completion of the program
Tate Student Center
Room 139, 45 Baxter Street
Athens, GA 30602