Appropriate academic regalia must be worn to participate in the convocation. Caps, gowns, and hoods may be purchased at the UGA Bookstore; call 706-542-3171 for information. Note that if you order your academic regalia from someone other than the UGA Bookstore, the UGA Bookstore will not be able to assist you with missing or replacement items.
- Undergraduate degree candidates at Terry wear the "drab" color tassel, as well as an honors tassel, if earned. AB Economics degree candidates wear a white tassel.
Candidates should wear their tassels over the right eye before UGA degree has been awarded (prior to UGA Commencement ceremony); over left eye if degree has already been awarded (following UGA Commencement).
Important note for graduates and guests: Students should assemble in the practice gyms at 1:00 p.m. the Processional will be begin at 1:30 p.m. and the convocation will begin promptly at 2:00 p.m. The convocation will last approimately two hours.
- Assembly begins at 1:00 pm in the Men’s and Women’s practice gyms in the rear of the Stegeman Coliseum located across from the Carlton St. Parking Deck. (look for signs)
Please — graduates only in practice gyms.
- Sign in at appropriate degree/major area and complete your photo card.
- The lines will leave practice gyms at 1:30 pm to be seated on the Coliseum floor by the beginning of the convocation.
- Leave purses, coats and other belongings with your family or friends. You will not be able to leave any items in the practice gyms or carry them onto the coliseum floor.
- No food or drink is allowed in the practice gyms.
- During the processional, remain in line and avoid gaps in the line.
- As you enter the Coliseum, be sure to follow the person in front of you so that you don’t end up in the wrong line and thus sitting with the wrong degree area.
- As you are directed into your row of seats, be sure to fill all seats. Vacant seats in a row could mean that some students will not have a place to sit.
As you celebrate this exciting day, please be respectful of those around you and the fact that this is a formal convocation.
Wear comfortable shoes. You will be going down a flight of stairs and doing a lot of walking. High heeled shoes are discouraged, especially stiletto heels. We want you to be safe so you can enjoy the convocation.
Choose a location ahead of time to meet your family and friends once the convocation is completed.
Once you have received your diploma holder, we ask that you return to your seat for the remainder of the program being mindful of the speakers and other graduates.
Out of respect for our graduating students, guests, and Convocation speakers, all graduates participating in the convocation are strongly encouraged to stay for the entire convocation. The convocation should not exceed 2 1/2 hours.
Welcome to the Terry College Alumni Family!
Congratulations on your accomplishments! We wish you the best of success as you begin a new, exciting chapter of your life! Please keep in touch with us at the Terry Alumni website.