Convocation will take place on Friday, May 10 at 2:00pm
In order to be listed in the program, candidates for degrees must remove their FERPA restrictions when applying for graduation. This requirement must be completed by the deadline of Thursday, March 21, 2019 by all undergraduate students expecting to graduate in Spring or Summer 2019.
If you are planning to walk in the Spring Terry Undergraduate Convocation and have a disability or will need special assistance, please contact the USSCR Office at email@example.com.
Important note for graduates and guests: Students should assemble in the practice gyms at 1:00 p.m. the Processional will be begin at 1:30 p.m. and the convocation will begin promptly at 2:00 p.m. The convocation will last approimately two hours.
There is no limit to the number of guests. Tickets are not required. Doors to the guest seating area will open at 1:00 p.m.
The new CLEAR BAG policy is in effect for Convocation. View bag specifications here.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12"x6"x12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags
- Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5"
- Bags that contain necessary medical items, which must be inspected and approved at a designated gate
- Food; items must fit inside the permitted-sized bags
- Beverages, including water, in sealed plastic bottles; items must fit inside the permitted-sized bag
- Cameras and video recorders
- For the safety, security, and experience of all guests, the following items are prohibited.
- Wrapped gifts or packages wherein the contents are not visible
- Glass and aluminum containers
- Tobacco. UGA is a tobacco-free campus.
- Large items, such as banners and posters, or amplification equipment, such as bullhorns or megaphones
Parking is available in several on-campus lots within convenient walking distance of Stegeman Coliseum and the Georgia Center including The South Deck, which is recommended for Terry Convocation guests. Please do not park on sidewalks, landscaped areas, or on streets so as to block lanes of traffic. Improperly parked vehicles may be towed.
Guests with limited mobility or disabilities should arrive early (to ensure a space) and park in the S12 lot. Limited, special seating is available in Stegeman Coliseum. Terry Student Ambassadors or police officers on duty outside the Coliseum will be able to direct and assist guests. Wheelchairs and walkers will not be provided.
Hotel and Visitor Information
Visitor information for Athens, GA (hotels, restaurants and activities)
Visitor information for the University of Georgia
Photographs, Videos, Programs + More
Professional photographs will be taken of each Terry College candidate as s/he shakes hands with the Dean. After the convocation, graduates may access convocation proofs and order prints from GradImages®
Video capture of the event will be available through the college’s graduation website 6–8 weeks after the event.
Convocation programs will be placed in the seats for each of the candidates, and guests will receive copies while supplies last. Each candidate will be recognized by name in the program using the official information on file with the University of Georgia Office of the Registrar.
Congratulatory flowers, Terry branded gifts, and snacks will be available for purchase inside the Coliseum.