William B Vogt
- Associate Professor
|Degree||Field of Study||Institution||Graduation Year|
- Industrial Organization
- Economics of Technology
- Pharmaceutical Economics
- Health Economics
Areas of Expertise
- Competition and innovation in health care industries
Prior Professional Positions
|Organization / Department||Title||Years of Service|
|Senior Economist||2007 to 2010|
Carnegie Mellon University
Heinz School of Public Policy
|Associate Professor||1996 to 2007|
|Award Name||Awarded By||Year Awarded|
Bing Center for Health Economics
|Position||Name of Journal||Year(s)|
RAND Forum for Health Economics & Policy
- 2010. Empirical analysis of mobile voice and SMS service: A structural model.. Management Science, (56): 234-52. .
- 2007. Substitution, spending offsets, and prescription drug benefit design. Forum For Health Economics And Policy, (10): 1-31. .
- 2009. Medicare Part D after two years. American Journal Of Managed Care, (15): 536-44. .
- 2003. Competition among hospitals. Rand Journal Of Economics, (34): 764-85. .
- 2000. Are invisible hands good hands? Moral hazard, competition and the second best in health care markets. Journal Of Political Economy, (108): 992-1005. .
- August 2006. Employment and adverse selection in health insurance. Nber Working Paper #12430. .
- 2009. Hospital market consolidation: trends and consequences. Nihcm Foundation's Expert Voices. .