|Degree||Field of Study||Institution||Graduation Year|
- Industrial Organization
- Economics of Technology
- Pharmaceutical Economics
- Health Economics
Areas of Expertise
- Competition and innovation in health care industries
Prior Professional Positions
|Organization / Department||Title||Years of Service|
|Senior Economist||2007 to 2010|
Carnegie Mellon University
Heinz School of Public Policy
|Associate Professor||1996 to 2007|
|Award Name||Awarded By||Year Awarded|
Bing Center for Health Economics
|Position||Name of Journal||Year(s)|
RAND Forum for Health Economics & Policy
- 2010. Empirical analysis of mobile voice and SMS service: A structural model.. Management Science, (56):234-52.
- 2007. Substitution, spending offsets, and prescription drug benefit design. Forum For Health Economics And Policy, (10):1-31.
- 2009. Medicare Part D after two years. American Journal Of Managed Care, (15):536-44.
- 2003. Competition among hospitals. Rand Journal Of Economics, (34):764-85.
- 2000. Are invisible hands good hands? Moral hazard, competition and the second best in health care markets. Journal Of Political Economy, (108):992-1005.
- August 2006. Employment and adverse selection in health insurance. Nber Working Paper #12430.
- 2009. Hospital market consolidation: trends and consequences. Nihcm Foundation's Expert Voices.