|Degree||Field of Study||Institution||Graduation Year|
Queen's University (Kingston)
University of Guelph
Prior Professional Positions
|Organization / Department||Title||Years of Service|
University of Pittsburgh
|Full Professor||2001 to 2011|
University of Western Ontario
|Assistant/Associate Professor||1989 to 2001|
|Position||Name of Journal||Year(s)|
Journal of Marketing
Journal of Marketing Research
Journal of International Business Studies
Journal of International Marketing
- 2013. Aggressive Marketing Strategy Following Equity Offerings and Firm Value: The Role of Relative Strategic Flexibility. Journal Of Marketing, 77(September):57-74.
- 2012. Perceived Marketing / Sales Relationship Effectiveness: A Matter of Justice. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science, 40(3):450-467.
- 2009. Ambidextrous Organizations and Firm Performance: The Role of Marketing Function Implementation. Journal Of Marketing Research, 46(December):764-776.
- 2009. Customer-Directed Selling Behaviors and Performance: A Comparison of Existing Perspectives. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science, 37(4):422-439.
- 2008. A Short Form of the Maximization Scale: Factor Structure, Reliability, and Validity Studies. Judgement And Decision Making, 3(June):371-388.
- 2008. Expectations about the Future: The Conceptualization and Measurement of Elaboration on Potential Outcomes. Journal Of Consumer Research, 35(June):126-141.
- 2008. Value Creation Following Merger and Acquisition Announcements: The Role of Strategic Emphasis Alignment. Journal Of Marketing Research, 45(February):33-47.
- 2007. The Impact of Capabilities and Prior Investments on Online Channel Commitment and Performance. Journal Of Mis , 23(4):109-142.
- 2004. The Resource-Based View and Information Systems Research: Review, Extension, and Suggestions for Future Research. Mis Quarterly, 28(1):107-142.
- 2001. Evaluating Promotions in Shopping Environments: Decomposing Sales Response into Attraction, Conversion, and Spending Effects. Marketing Science, 20(2):194-215.
- 2001. Richness versus Parsimony in Modeling Technology Adoption Decisions: Understanding Merchant Adoption of a Smart Card-Based Payment System. Information Systems Research, 12(2):208-222.
- 1999. Redeployment of Brands, Sales Forces, and General Marketing Management Expertise Following Horizontal Acquisitions: A Resource-Based View. Journal Of Marketing, 63(April):41-54.
- 1999. Use of Partial Least Squares (PLS) in Strategic Management Research: A Review of Four Recent Studies. Strategic Management Journal, 20(February):195-204.
- 1999. A Self-Efficacy Theory Explanation for the Management of Remote Workers in Virtual Organizations. Organization Science, 10(Nov-Dec):758-776.
- 1996. Use of Causal Models in Marketing Research: A Review. International Journal Of Research In Marketing, 13(2):181-197.
- 1995. Structural and Competitive Determinants of a Global Integration Strategy. Strategic Management Journal, 16(8):637-655.
- 1993. Premarket Forecasting of New Consumer Durables: Modeling Categorization, Elimination, and Consideration Phenomena. Journal Of Marketing, 57(April):47-63.