|Degree||Field of Study||Institution||Graduation Year|
University of Georgia
- Sociocultural and symbolic dimensions of consumption and the cultural ecology of marketing
Areas of Expertise
- Brand Communities
- Online Communities
- Consumer Behavior
Prior Professional Positions
|Organization / Department||Title||Years of Service|
Johnson and Johnson
|Account Manager||1995 to 2001|
|Award Name||Awarded By||Year Awarded|
|Teacher of the Year Award||
Alpha Kappa Psi
- 2012. Consumers' use of brands to reflect their actual and ideal selves on Facebook. International Journal Of Research In Marketing.
- 2011. Enhancing Student Learning in Marketing Courses: An Exploration of Fundamental Principles for Website Platforms. Journal Of Marketing Education, 33(2) :171-182.
- 2010. Anti-brand Communities, Negotiation of Brand Meaning, and the Learning Process: The Case of Wal-Mart. Consumption, Markets & Culture, (13) :325-345.
- 2009. E-Collaborative Networks: A Case Study on the New Role of the Sales Force. Journal Of Personal Selling And Sales Management, (29 (2)) :127-138.
- 2009. Not Just a Party in the Parking Lot: An Exploratory Investigation of the Motives Underlying the Ritual Commitment of Football Tailgaters. Sports Marketing Quarterly, (18) :92-106.
- 2008. Retail Spectacles and Brand Meaning: Insights from a Brand Museum Case Study. Journal Of Retailing, (84 (3)) :334-353.
- 2008. The Value of Human Warmth: Social Presence Cues and Computer-Mediated Communications. Advances In Consumer Research, (35) :793-794.
- 2007. An Exploratory Investigation of Consumers' Perceptions of Wireless Advertising. Journal Of Advertising, (36 (4)) :129-145.
- 2006. Gift Giving: A Community Paradigm. Psychology & Marketing, (23) :573-595.
- 2006. Consumer Activism on the Internet: The Role of Anti-Brand Communities. Advances In Consumer Research, (33) :479-485.
- 2006. Generating Intrinsic Customer Value: Examples from Wal-Mart. Thexis, (3) :16-20.
- 2005. A Behavioral Model of BrandCommunity Member Involvement: A Conceptual Framework and Empirical Results. Journal Of Customer Behavior, (4) :385-424.
- 2005. Distance Learning Trends and Benchmarks. Marketing Education Review, (15) :39-52.
- 2008. Wal-Mart: A Heritage Brand. University Press.
- 2006. Wal-Mart: A Heritage Brand. Advertising Express :23-30.
- 2006. Online Anti-brand Communities: An Emerging Form of Consumer Activism. Advertising Express :12-18.
- 2008. Managing Interactive Communications with Customers: The Effects of Social Presence Cues,Personalization, the Speed of Feedback and Situation. Academy Of Marketing Science.
- 2006. Online Anti-brand Communities as a New Form of Social Action. Annual Qualitative Research Conference, (IIV) :205-210.
- 2004. Benchmarks for Building Community in Online Business Courses and Programs. American Marketing Association, (Enhancing Knowledge Development in Marketing).
- 2008. A Consumersâ Search for the Good Life. Psyccritiques-Contemporary Psychology: Apa Review Of Books, (53 (24)).
- 2007. Marketing Food and Beverages to Children and Youth: Who Should be Held Accountable?. Psyccritiques-Contemporary Psychology: Apa Review Of Books, (5 (25)).
- 2007. The Psychology Behind Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting. Psyccritiques- Contemporary Psychology: Apa Review Of Books, (51 (39)).
- 2006. Reflective Democracy: A Pathway Toward Renewing American Culture. Psyccritiques- Contemporary Psychology: Apa Review Of Books, (51 (38)).
- 2006. An Historical Account of the College Admissions Process at Three Elite Universities: Secret Formulae Revealed. Psyccritiques- Contemporary Psychology: Apa Review Of Books, (51 (35)).