PhD, Strategic Management, Pennsylvania State University, 2011
MBA, Management, Pennsylvania State University, 2004
BS, Exercise Science, Pennsylvania State University, 1996
Prior Professional Positions
Lehigh University, Assistant Professor of Management, 2011 to 2013
Pennsylvania State University, Admissions Director, Executive MBA Program, 2004 to 2006
Strategic Management Journal Best Reviewer Award, 2018
Excellence in Teaching - MBA Core Course, Lehigh University, 2013
Delta Sigma Pi, Faculty Advisor, 2014 – present, University
- CEO Succession
- Managerial Discretion or in the influence of CEOs and top managers on organizational outcomes
- Quigley, T. J., Hambrick, D. C., Misangyi, F. F., Rizzi, A. (In Press). CEO Selection as Risk-taking: A New Vantage on the Debate About the Consequences of Insiders Versus Outsiders. Strategic Management Journal.
- 2015. Shareholder perceptions of the changing impact of CEOs: Market reactions to unexpected CEO deaths, 1950-2009. Strategic Management Journal 38(4): 939-949.
- 2015. Reaffirming the CEO effect is significant and much larger than chance: A comment on Fitza (2014).Strategic Management Journal 38(3): 793-801.
- 2015. Has the CEO Effect Increased in Recent Decades? A New Explanation for the Great Rise in Americaâ€™s Attention to Corporate Leaders. Strategic Management Journal, 36(6):821-830.
- 2014. Toward More Accurate Contextualization of the CEO Effect on Firm Performance: A New Method and Implications. Strategic Management Journal, 35(4):473-491.
- 2012. When the Former CEO Stays on as Board Chair: Effects on Successor Discretion, Strategic Change, and Performance. Strategic Management Journal, 33(7):834-859.
Editorial Board Member, Strategic Management Journal, 2014 - present