PhD, Strategic Management, University of Maryland, 2007
MBA, Management, University of North Alabama, 2002
BA, Economics and German, University of Notre Dame, 1992
- Corporate reputation and celebrity
- Media accounts
- Impression and crisis management
- Role of business in society
- Safe bets or hot hands? How status and celebrity influence newly public firmsâ€™ strategic alliance formations. Academy Of Management Journal , forthcoming.
- 2017. High-reputation firms and their differential acquisition behaviors. Strategic Management Journal, 38:2237-2254.
- 2017. Celebrity and infamy? The consequences of media narratives about organizational identity. Academy Of Management Review , 42:461-480.
- 2017. Crises and crisis management: Integration, interpretation, and research development. Journal Of Management , 43:1661-1692.
- 2016.Reputation as a Benefit and a Burden? How Organizational Reputation Affects Low- and High-Identification Stakeholdersâ€™ Reactions to a Negative Event. Academy Of Management Journal ,53:253-276.
- 2015. A Burden of Responsibility: The Role of Social Approval at the Onset of a Crisis. Academy Of Management Review , 40:345-369.
- 2014. A Theory of Collective Empathy in Corporate Philanthropy Decisions. Academy Of Management Review, 39:1-21.
- 2014. Legitimacy-as-Feeling: How Affect Leads to Vertical Legitimacy Spillovers in Transnational Governance. Journal Of Management Studies, 51:634-666.
- 2012.Managing the Message: The Effects of Firm Actions and Industry Spillovers on Media Coverage Following Wrongdoing. Academy Of Management Journal, 55:1079-1101.
- 2012. A Communicative Framework of Value in Cross-Sector Partnerships.Academy Of Management Review, 37:332-354.
- 2010. A Tale of Two Assets: The Effects of Firm Reputation and Celebrity on Earnings Surprises and Investors' Reactions. Academy Of Management Journal, 53:1131-1152.
- 2008. After the Fall: Reintegrating the Corrupt Organization. Academy Of Management Review, 33:730-749.
- 2008. Coming Forward: The Effects of Social and Regulatory Forces on the Voluntary Restatement of Earnings Subsequent to Wrongdoing. Organization Science, 19:386-403.
- 2008. CEOs on the Edge: Earnings Manipulation and Stock-Based Incentive Misalignment. Academy Of Management Journal, 51:241-258.
- 2007. A Content Analysis of the Content Analysis Literature in Organization Studies: Research Themes, Data Sources, and Methodological Refinements.Organizational Research Methods, 10:5-34.
Editorial Board, Academy of Management Journal, 2010 - present
Editorial Board, Academy of Management Review, 2009 - present
Associate Editor, Academy of Management Review, 2014 - 2017