Terry’s Young Alumni Board is comprised of 60 graduates from across the country who are 35 years old or younger. Founded in 2007, the board is charged with outreach and engagement to Terry’s young alumni community. The board’s mission is to develop initiatives that link students to alumni, foster a culture of giving, and support the college’s goal of excellence in education.
As Terry College celebrates more than 100 years as a business school, the Second Century Club recognizes emerging philanthropists who earned their bachelors degree fewer than 12 years ago. These young alumni make a meaningful annual gift of at least $250 and are setting the standard for alumni of the next century.
The goal of the Mentor Program is to bring together students and alumni for an exchange of information on education, professionalism, aspirations and ideas. These relationships provide learning experiences for students outside the classroom. The mentoring program allows alumni to give back in a meaningful way and offer advice and feedback to current students.
The Terry College’s Regional Alumni Networks keep our “long-distance dawgs” connected to the college and updated on major initiatives. As more graduates move away from Georgia after graduation, the alumni networks keep them connected from afar. The Young Alumni Board assists with Terry College-wide regional network activities to increase national prominence.
The purpose of Terry Talks is to connect younger alumni with alumni that have experienced successful careers in different areas of expertise in an intimate setting. These events serve to develop our younger alumni and connect them with mentors in their professions. The events are limited to approximately 15 attendees to encourage an interactive conversation among participants and hosts.
Brick Campaign for Terry's new Learning Community
As part of the Building Terry campaign and specifically in support of the college’s facility needs, the board initiated a Brick Campaign for Terry's new Learning Community. Purchases of commemorative bricks and pavers helped the college build Terry one brick at a time.
Young Alumni Board Criteria
- Terry College graduate 35 years or younger with two years of post-graduate experience by the time of membership (July 1)
- Demonstrated interest in the Terry College
- Will be an active Board member (defined as someone who will contribute his/her time and financial support, be a positive team player, be an active member on Terry College committee(s), be an active ambassador for the Terry College in his/her local area
- Will add diversity to the Terry College Boards in terms of geographic location, industry, gender, and ethnic background
Nominations for the Young Alumni Board are due by May 15 of each year. Interested candidates are encouraged to meet with a member of the nominating committee. To schedule this, contact Nominating Chair Angel Jones before May 15, 2017.
To be considered as a candidate for the Terry College Young Alumni Board, please submit the following information by May 15:
- Candidate Application
- Letter of Recommendation
Board Member Expectations
- Successfully serve a two-year term (beginning July 1)
- Provide financial leadership by participating in Terry's annual giving campaign with a multi-year pledge (Second Century Club $250 minimum annual gift encouraged)
- Attend two board meetings per year (Athens in Fall, Atlanta in Spring)
- Serve on a standing committee of the Board (Undergraduate Support, Events, MBA, Signature Project, Marketing, Engagement/Performance, External Relations)
- Actively participate in the Terry Young Alumni Board's Signature Project
- Support the Terry College Alumni Awards and Gala
- Act as a host and ambassador for Terry's events (e.g., Terry Third Thursday, Dean's Receptions, Economic Luncheons, etc.)
- Champion Terry initiatives and the Dean's priorities within your company and throughout the community
- Pay annual Board dues of $125