The Terry College of Business Young Alumni Board exists to bridge the gap between the Terry College student experience and greater alumni network. The board’s mission is to develop initiatives that link students to alumni, bolster a culture of giving, and support the College's goal of national prominence.
As Terry College ushers in its second century as a business school, the Second Century Club recognizes emerging philanthropists who wish to make a meaningful annual gift of $250 or more as a step towards Dean's Circle membership. These young alumni aspire to build upon the significant impact loyal alumni during Terry College’s first one hundred years, while setting the standard for the young alumni of the future.
The goal of the Mentor Program is to bring together students and alumni for an exchange of information on education, professionalism, aspirations and ideas. These relationships provide a learning experience for students outside the classroom, where they have a chance to see the opportunities that exist after college. The mentoring program will give alumni an opportunity to give back in a meaningful way and offer advice and feedback to current students.
Terry College’s Regional Alumni Networks keep our “long-distance dawgs” connected to the college and updated on major initiatives. As more graduates move away from Georgia after graduation, the alumni networks keep them connected from afar.
The purpose of Terry Talks is to connect younger alumni with alumni that have experienced successful careers in different areas of expertise in an intimate setting. These events serve to develop our younger alumni and connect them with mentors in their professions. The events are limited to approximately 15 attendees to encourage an interactive conversation amongst the participants, rather than a presentation from the host.
Nominations for the Young Alumni Board are due by May 15 of each year. There is an information session at the Terry Executive Education Center in Atlanta each April that potential candidates are highly encouraged to attend. For more information on the Young Alumni Board, please contact the current Nominating Chair.
To be considered as a candidate for the Terry College Young Alumni Board, please submit the following information to Natalie Glenn by May 15:
- Candidate Application
- Letter of Recommendation
Board Member Expectations
- Serve a two-year term (beginning July 1)
- Include Terry in your philanthropic priorities
Make an annual gift - Second Century Club membership encouraged ($250 minimum annual gift)
- Actively participate in the Terry Young Alumni Board’s Signature Project
- Attend two board meetings per year (Athens in Fall, Atlanta in Spring)
- Support the Terry College Alumni Awards and Gala
- Serve on a standing committee of the Alumni Board (Regional Networks, Events, Undergraduate Support, Development, Signature Project )
- Serve as a champion of the Terry College within your company or organization by supporting the Dean’s priorities. A few examples include assisting current students with internships and permanent job placement, participating in alumni panels and other speaking opportunities on campus, mentoring a student, etc.
- Geographic specific support:
- Pay annual Board dues of $25