The Terry College of Business Alumni Board serves in an advisory capacity to the Dean and faculty of the college to further the goals of continuous improvement in instruction, research, and service and professional activities in business administration. Board members work to promote and support the programs and activities of Terry College in order to cultivate and encourage a continuing affiliation between alumni and the institution.
The annual Terry College Alumni Awards and Gala is the college’s signature event and one of UGA’s most exciting. Distinguished Terry alumni, outstanding young alumni, and Pinnacle Society inductees are honored in an awards ceremony, while the event also serves as a fundraiser for the college. Guests include some of the region’s most influential business men and women as well as sports celebrities and politicians.
The Emeritus members of the Terry College Alumni Board annually honor a graduating senior with the “Student of the Year” award. This special award is presented at the spring Terry Honors Day ceremony to a student who best demonstrates the skills and commitment required to succeed in college, business, and life.
Terry Third Thursday is a breakfast speaker series for the Atlanta business community. This series features influential speakers, as well as special guests from the University of Georgia, who bring local and global perspectives on business and innovation.
More than 225 alumnae and friends come to campus to hear insights from female executives and build their professional networks. Attendees, who range from students to CEOs, are treated to a keynote address from prominent female business leaders and hear panel discussions on entrepreneurship, work-life balance and social media.
Terry College’s Regional Alumni Networks keep our “long-distance dawgs” connected to the college and updated on major initiatives. As more graduates move away from Georgia after graduation, the alumni networks keep them connected from afar.
The MBA Support Committee works to positively impact the quality of the Terry MBA programs through the Alumni Champion initiatives, MBA Committee Advisor Program and curriculum development support.
If you are interested in serving on or learning more about the Terry College Alumni Board, please contact the current Nominating Chair. Nominations are accepted through May 15 each year.
- Ben Barkley Atlanta, GA
- Addison Barksdale Charlotte, NC
- Charles D. Beard Atlanta, GA
- Joe E. Beverly Thomasville, GA
- David Blanchard Columbus, GA
- John D. Boardman Augusta, GA
- Kirk J. Bradley Chapel Hill, NC
- Louis J. Brown Smyrna, GA
- Kathryn G. Buffington Snellville, GA
- David Burch St. Simons Island, GA
- Elizabeth W. Camp Atlanta, GA
- Alisa Cleek Atlanta, GA
- Robert Copeland Greensboro, GA
- Richard Courts Atlanta, GA
- J. Tillman Douglas, Jr. Atlanta, GA
- Robert Dumas Roswell, GA
- Damon M. Evans Athens, GA
- Gunby J. Garrard Columbus, GA
- Andrew L. Ghertner Atlanta, GA
- John M. Godfrey Jacksonville, GA
- Steve Goodroe Kiawah Island, SC
- Joseph D. Greene* Thomson, GA
- Barbara Hampton Roswell, GA
- Ed Heys Atlanta, GA
- Hamilton Holmes Atlanta, GA
- Jason E. Hudson Roswell, GA
- Mike Ivey Atlanta, GA
- Stephen M. Joiner Atlanta, GA
- Will Jones Augusta, GA
- Roger F. Kahn Highland Beach, FL
- F. Lamar Lewis Athens, GA
- John L. Ludwig Sea Island, GA
- Andy McGhee Atlanta, GA
- David G. Newton Griffin, GA
- Howell W. Newton Forsyth, GA
- Marlan L. Nichols Kathleen, GA
- Frank K. Norton Gainesville, GA
- Allison Karl O'Kelly Farmington, CT
- Mike Ostergard Atlanta, GA
- Trey Paris Gainesville, GA
- John R. Phelps Atlanta, GA
- Laurence H. Powell Atlanta, GA
- L. Phil Reames Atlanta, GA
- Mark Saussy Thomasville, GA
- Abram Serotta Augusta, GA
- James Shepherd Atlanta, GA
- Joseph Terrell Atlanta, GA
- Kenneth L. Thrasher Atlanta, GA
- Larry Warnock Warner Robins, GA
- Larry Webb Athens, GA
- Steven E. Weinstein* Athens, GA
- Lowell W. White Eatonton, GA
- Cleveland R. Willcoxon* Atlanta, GA
Note * denotes deceased member